Goldstar!
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I think that Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb should both stay gone. Both shows ended in a high note and bringing them back would likely negate the impact that the finales had. Although I was never a fan of P&F myself.
    Ace
    Ace
    I liked Phineas and Ferb although it kind of stayed off my radar because I wasn't a usual Disney viewer.

Got back into it and it's fun. It isn't as repetitive as I remembered it. Probably one of my favorite Disney shows.
    Reactions: JMTV
    Ace
    Ace
    Still though I perfer originality to bringing back Millennial and Gen Z nostalgia for the hundredth time.
    • Agree
    LinusFan303
    LinusFan303
    I liked Phineas and Ferb, but think it should be allowed to just be a thing that already happened and aired, let the reruns be enjoyed. I've been enjoying Hamster and Gretel, and really hope P and F coming back doesn't take away from that.
    Cartoon Network is dead, and it is it's own parent company who delivered the final blow.
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    WBD's unabashed favoritism towards Adult Swim over Cartoon Network is hurting both brands. They either need to course correct or merge the two brands. Either way getting CN/AS out of this current funk is going to be an uphill climb.
    JMTV
    JMTV
    I don’t think Cartoon Network as a brand will ever die, but the Cartoon Network as we know it, is pretty much over.

WBD really needs to rethink their strategy on what to do with CN because what they are doing right now is not sustainable.
    Sparklefan1234
    Sparklefan1234
    They don't even have the full Flintstones series on their streaming service. :(
    Does anyone else think that Doug Walker has just been phoning it in with the Nostalgia Critic episodes lately? Maybe he doesn't need to be doing a new episode of NC every week anymore. I think that Doug should cut NC down to just 1 episode per month or something similar.
    • Agree
    Reactions: Silverstar
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Looking through his reviews I haven't seen one since Dudley Do Right but I enjoy his out of character thoughts on occasion.

I doubt I thought about it, but if I had I don't think 15 years ago I would have ever guessed he and AVGN would still be around and still doing (essentially) the same schtick.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Agreed. Doug's videoes where he's not playing the Critic are better. The difference between Doug and James Rolfe (AVGN) is that James stopped doing weekly Nerd videos years ago. He only does AVGN ever so often.
    Pooky
    Pooky
    That was a good move, but at times (e.g. his recent My Horse Prince video) his quality control could still stand to be a bit higher. Or maybe it's just hard to find suitable material after all this time.
    Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.
    Ace
    Ace
    I understand a little bit of the outrage. I mean especially with the creator's comments on instagram about her home country which is a culture she is trying to represent with Primos.

but I don't think this is as offensively bad as some people think it is. Just middle of the road par of the course Disney stuff.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    Actually, I think it was Myrna Velasco (the voice of Tater) that made the controversial comments. Unless she was in another interview, I believe Natasha Kline only mentioned in that 1 interview about Tater not speaking proper Spanish. More to the point, the negative reactions of most people online definitely went overboard.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Yeah, I know that it was Myrna Valesco and not Ms. Klein who made that tone deaf video response. All the more reason it doesn't make for people to take their hostility out on the show itself.
    Today I came across a YouTube video about MeTv Toons with the heading "Boomerang Killer?". Bro, Boomerang US has been a zombie channel long before MeTV Toons came along. At this point, "killing" Boomerang would be as hard as folding a piece of paper.
    It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
    People tend to forget that "all ages" doesn't mean "no kid stuff". All ages includes everyone, including kids. Kids are part of "all".
    Last night's Nostalgia Critic review of Galaxy Quest was probably the most phoned-in episode of NC that Doug Walker has ever done. Maybe Doug doesn't need to be doing an NC every week anymore. Dude, if you're burned out, take a break.
    No! No! Please mon cheri! Do not erase me! The void, she is cold and dark and…

Gosh I hate this line from the Animaniacs reboot.
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    It's a molehill, my guy, not a mountain. How many times are you going to sink your teeth into this nothing burger?
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    I'm really getting tired of circular discussions. I may have to activate a certain TZ feature just to get some peace.
    A
    awinger24
    This whole Space Jam fiasco was bad publicity. All I am going to say as I close the door on it. I just wish the brand deserved better.
    People are actually celebrating that Cartoon Network is airing more reruns on Sunday afternoons. Have we really set the bar that low for CN?
    Reactions: JMTV and Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    To me, they're those Sandwich People monologued about on Kids in the Hall: everything could be crashing down around them but as long as they have that sandwich (i.e. the reruns they grew up watching) they're happy.
    JMTV
    JMTV
    Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is. Yeah, CN is not TTG/Gumball 24/7 anymore, but what else is there?
    Ace
    Ace
    They still only have like two or three original shows running.
    Hot Take: The Spy VS Spy background music on FOX's MAD tv was far catchier to the Spy VS Spy music on Cartoon Network's MAD.
    • Agree
    Reactions: Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Agreed. People's mileage will vary on MAD and MAD TV, but the Spy VS Spy segments on both were always good.
    Alex Dudley's D-Toons YouTube channel got hacked yesterday. Here's hoping that they are able to restore things before too long.
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Presently if you enter Dtoons, it'll take you to some shorts or other videos featuring Dtoons clips, but the channel itself is down. It was changed into some Bitcoin guy's channel, they even switched the avatar. Jerks.
    Jellystone has one of weirdest fan bases that I've ever encountered. Half of the viewers are horrified that several of the male H-B characters have been turned into females, while the other half wats to date them!
    Reactions: JMTV and Silverstar
    JMTV
    JMTV
    Well, it's the internet. What did you expect?

But yeah, anyone who has a problem about Jellystone gender-swapping most of the H-B characters can go touch grass.
    Ace
    Ace
    I don't have much of an attachment to the original HB characters but I don't like it that much. I think the animation looks kind of sloppy and unpolished with the amount of stuttering. The character designs to just feel too samey and similar to each other. I don't know it just to me feels pretty distracting. Feels like something for fans but ones that are open to the changes. Don't really have much connection to it.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Fair enough. Many of the Hanna-Barbera characters from that era (1960s and 1970s) were pretty interchangeable, so placing all of them into a single program was like Dawn of the Stepford Cartoons. At least on Jellystone, C.H. Greenblatt and his team try to make the characters at somewhat more distinct from one another.
    I respect Big City Greens for not being serious or serialized. I just wish that it was funnier.
    Man, I wish I got paid for every time someone on this forum said they believed that Warner Brothers Discovery was going to ax, erase or sell off the Looney Tunes franchise. I could retire tomorrow.
    A
    awinger24
    Final Space was written off a year after the finale aired. DC SuperHero Girls got purged from removed from platforms/retailers, and Infinity Train had nearly the same fate.
    A
    awinger24
    I'm just keeping a close eye on Looney Tunes Cartoons, Bugs Bunny Builders and Tiny Toons Looniversity. All other past shows appear to be safe. Nothing to prove at the moment. I just simply do not want these shows purged from all platforms. That's all.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    DC Super Hero Girls never aired on HBO Max. Not the Lauren Faust produced series, anyway. Only the half hour specials were ever on HBO Max.
    Why is everyone so vehemently against the idea of recasing voice actors? In the 606s and 70s, this happened quite a bit, but now even suggesting replacing a voice actor is seen as blasphemous by fans. I don't get it
    Vuxovich
    Vuxovich
    @Goldstar! In fact, the entire Japanese anime/manga industry is seemingly against the idea of recasting voice actors. Goku, for example, was never recast at any point in the Dragon Ball anime.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    I'm aware. If the VA wants to keep voicing a character for years, or even deccades, then why not? I was talking about situations where a character needs to be recast, such as if the original VA quits, retires or dies. When or if that happens, the show must go on. Fans will grumble about it initially, but they'll get over it.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Also, Goku is just one example. There's no solid evidence to suggest that the entire industry is anti-recssting. Remember that anime is an animation style, not one studio or industry.
    I think that we can declare Cartoon Network to be officially dead . Michael Ouleween and Warner Discovery killed it.
    The current trend of making cheap horror movies featuring kid-vid icons has already become stale and tired in under 10 years. Do something else with these characters, already, filmmakers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts