“The Boondocks” Lost Pilot, Resurfaced After Twenty Years

[classic swim]

SwimShady
An important piece of adult animated history dropped just today.

I won’t share the link, even though it’s massively viral at this point.

[Lost pilot]

In awe within seconds.

Why?

It’s mostly nothing I haven’t already seen, and that’s the point. So many of the littlest jokes carried over to the actual show. Just takes me back.

Art style really does a service to the strip. Riley & Jazmine are the only uncanny looking characters for the sake of this short.

I of course can get the taste of them trying to work around FOX’s bogus Standards. And even so, the vision’s still there.

They had that bit with the stepped on sneakers, R Kelly got his shoutout; a personal favorite I wasn’t expecting was Tom’s “fruity boy/pansie pants” nicknames from Granddad’s Fight. And uh... naked Robert again lol.

We never got the reboot, and for good reason, but getting this leaked to us after twenty years just felt like the proper reunion.

Robert is SO cool in this. He would whoop the boys’ asses as early on as possible with Adult Swim, and this pilot ended with him and the boys playing video games.

This is such an amazing blueprint and I couldn’t be happier that we just got it. Was never expecting this at all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts