“TMNT 40th Anniversary Comics Celebration” Coming In July

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

“TMNT 40th Anniversary Comics Celebration” Coming In July​

tmnt40thanniv01.jpg

IDW Publishing is celebrating the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ 40th anniversary by releasing a new, special anthology issue that contains works from several artists that have worked on previous TMNT projects over the years. The list includes the franchise’s original co-creator Kevin Eastman, as well as folks who worked on some of the Turtles’ animated series, such as Lloyd Goldfine, Khary Randolph and Emilio Lopez (all from the 2003 cartoon), and Ciro Nieli (from the 2012 TMNT cartoon), to name a few.

Included below is a breakdown of this TMNT 40th Anniversary Comics Celebration, alongside artwork for the book. Alongside the items listed below the issue will also feature new pinup artwork from a variety of artists.

The book includes-

3 stories in the Mirage comic book era
2 stories in the IDW comic book era
1 TMNT: Saturday Morning Adventures story
1 story in the Archie Comics era
1 story in the Image Comics era
1 story in the 2003 animated series universe
1 story in the 2012 animated series universe
1 story in the Rise of the TMNT animated series universe
1 new Kevin Eastman story

Click here to read the full article.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
This is a pretty cool way to celebrate the 40th anniversary. I feel like TMNT more than most franchises is pretty good at really celebrating every incarnation it has, especially in animation. I'm intrigued that the 2003 story seems to take place post-Turtles Forever, the 2012 story teasing the movie that Ciro Nieli wanted to make, and the Rise story seemingly acting as the deleted opening from the movie. Basically, a way to resolve some unfinished business.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts