20th Anniversary of Fox Box and Nick on CBS

Erased Paper

On Saturday, September 14, 2002, the "Fox Box" replaced "Fox Kids" on FOX. CBS replaced "Nick Jr. on CBS" with "Nick on CBS". I'm sorry to say that I barely saw Fox Box at all. I'm still missing a lot of scheduling information about both blocks.

(On Saturday, September 14, 2002, ABC also changed their Saturday morning block, but I made a separate thread in the Disney section about that.)

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I didn't notice this thread until now. 20 years, unbelievable. I still remember those "Something big is coming!" commercials on Fox Kids and not really knowing what it meant. I certainly didn't know that my favourite block was about to bite the dust. I did keep up with Fox Box for a year or so, but the truth is I never really took to it and switched to Kids WB as my Saturday morning go-to in 2003 or so (which was the perfect time, it was still in its prime). I guess if nothing else I was bitter it replaced my beloved Fox Kids. Spider-Man and Batman brought me on board, shows like Power Rangers and Godzilla kept me there, and Digimon cemented it for me. I even have fond memories of early 2000s Fox Kids, even though in hindsight the block was clearly in decline.

Also, 20 years since the end of One Saturday Morning? And it died on the same day as Fox Kids? I also watched a ton of that back then. Man, rough day.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
2022 is here and Nicktoons being shown on local TV stations can be a thing again in 2023 by offering SpongeBob and The Loud House to local stations as the two biggest Nicktoons at this moment. The latter's syndication package would include all 60 half-hours of The Casagrandes, replacing the show's unique intro with the version of its parent series intro used in the early S4 episodes, and replacing its own ending credits theme and background with that of its parent series (the actual names credited would remain unchanged).

Moe

2022 is here and Nicktoons being shown on local TV stations can be a thing again in 2023 by offering SpongeBob and The Loud House to local stations as the two biggest Nicktoons at this moment.
Are you sure? TV stations aren't interested to run the kid blocks on their channels anymore because no kids are going to watch this, and that isn't 1990s or 2000s.

Just ask @Silverstar and @Goldstar! for their opinion.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Are you sure? TV stations aren't interested to run the kid blocks on their channels anymore because no kids are going to watch this, and that isn't 1990s or 2000s.

Just ask @Silverstar and @Goldstar! for their opinion.
Not just kids like these shows. If syndicated reruns of these shows had similar airtimes to say, live action sitcoms shown off-network, syndicated repeats of SpongeBob and The Loud House could very well work. There's also the fact that there are still people who only have an antenna for TV.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I was never really watched FOX Box, actually thought it was just a weird rebranding of FOX Kids, didn't understand what happened at the time, and didn't why Digimon was on UPN when Fox Box started. I think on that date exactly I went to check out the new ABC Kids, since I did watch One Saturday Morning too.

Moe

Not just kids like these shows. If syndicated reruns of these shows had similar airtimes to say, live action sitcoms shown off-network, syndicated repeats of SpongeBob and The Loud House could very well work. There's also the fact that there are still people who only have an antenna for TV.
You would have issue with TV stations - they don't want kid blocks at all.

Most kids don't watch kid blocks anymore, all thanks to smartphone, tablet, Fortnite, Roblox and tech stuff. If they want to watch, it will be streaming services.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts