90 Years of Donald Duck (including new short D.I.Y. Duck)

Pooky

Staff member
So tomorrow (9th June) marks what is currently believed to be 90 years since the first appearance of Donald Duck, in a Silly Symphonies short called The Wise Little Hen

He Fits the Bill: Donald Duck’s 90th Anniversary |

Disney hasn't been as bombastic with this celebration as they have some of their others, but they celebrating, including some merch lines and a new traditionally animated short called D.I.Y. Duck.

Meet the product designers behind the Donald Duck 90 merchandise - Life at Disney

Disney’s Donald Duck Rings in 90th Anniversary with New Hand-Drawn Animated Short

The short is directed by Mark Henn and will utilise some vintage recordings of Clarence Nash.

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
It was a good short, but I wish it was longer.
Agreed. Just like those recent Eric Goldberg shorts (that 2022 Oswald short and that Goofy How to Stay at Home Series), I feel like it would have been much more better and more respectable if they were 7 minutes long like the ones in the golden age (especially considering this is Mark Henn’s final short before his retirement).

As for the short itself, I do appreciate the usage of archival Clarence Nash recordings and the soundtrack being taken from old Disney shorts (much like Get a Horse). Overall, really like this one.

MatthewP

ngl it's telling that donald duck is regarded as the more popular disney character, if we're going beyond iconography and brand recognition

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts