A better name for post-Disney 20th Century Fox besides "20th Century Studios"

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I really don't like 20th Century Fox's new name being "20th Century Studios", because it doesn't really "pop" and is rather outdated (it ain't the 20th century no more, people!). I think Disney should rename the studio again, but this time to "Hollywood Pictures"! Unlike the old "Hollywood Pictures" from the 90's, the new one would be the label for all adult-oriented films (not just lower budget ones) released by The Walt Disney Company. The logo for "new HP" would be a new version of the old HP's Sphinx logo. A restructuring would also take place, with 20th Television being renamed to "Hollywood Pictures Television".

harry580

and for 20th century animation:
it would be renamed to blue sky studios which meant Disney is reviving blue sky studios because most of 20th century animation films are blue sky studios films

ok, I all serious, I dont think the 20th century rename would happen again, the 20th century name is there become that was the name of 20th century pictures which was existed before 20th century and fox film merged to form 20th century fox

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I disagree with your idea of Disney reviving Hollywood Pictures as the new name for 20th Century Studios.

The reason why they went with 20th Century Studios as the new name for 20th Century Fox was to disassociate the studio from their former parent company Fox Corporation (formerly 21st Century Fox) and former subsidiaries Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Sports and Fox News.

Though I was initially against the rebrand at first, in hindsight, it was a wise decision from Disney. That and the rebranded studio still retains their iconic logo albeit tweaked.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
ok, I all serious, I dont think the 20th century rename would happen again, the 20th century name is there become that was the name of 20th century pictures which was existed before 20th century and fox film merged to form 20th century fox
I disagree with your idea of Disney reviving Hollywood Pictures as the new name for 20th Century Studios.

The reason why they went with 20th Century Studios as the new name for 20th Century Fox was to disassociate the studio from their former parent company Fox Corporation (formerly 21st Century Fox) and former subsidiaries Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Sports and Fox News.

Though I was initially against the rebrand at first, in hindsight, it was a wise decision from Disney. That and the rebranded studio still retains their iconic logo albeit tweaked.
I'm sorry, but the spirit, magic, and legacy of 20th Century Fox is as good as dead, thanks to Disney. I don’t think the 20th Century Studios name can replicate that either. Apologies for the late reply by the way.

RegularCapital

Staff member
20th Century has a lot of legacy, as mentioned it existed before it merged with Fox Film. They don't need to change the century, it was the century Hollywood first started off and rapidly developed after all, basically year zero.

Other suggestions I can think of are (these are names that Disney already own):

Touchstone (was pretty much Disney's non-family film brand, also a pseudonym for Disney)
Hollywood Pictures (as previously mentioned, same as above)
Buena Vista (formerly used for several divisions at Disney, mostly recognised for international distribution, pretty much a pseudonym for Disney)

Or they can buyout the rest of Regency and use that name.

Francisque

All of them less strong than the current 20th Century Fox, I understand them wanting to keep that name (20th century, I mean)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm sorry, but the spirit, magic, and legacy of 20th Century Fox is as good as dead, thanks to Disney. I don’t think the 20th Century Studios name can replicate that either. Apologies for the late reply by the way.
It's not good as dead. The spirit, magic and legacy still continues even without the Fox name. The studio is to Disney like New Line Cinema is to Warner Bros. and Tristar is to Columbia.
Other suggestions I can think of are (these are names that Disney already own):
Touchstone (was pretty much Disney's non-family film brand, also a pseudonym for Disney)
Hollywood Pictures (same as above)
Buena Vista (formerly used for several divisions at Disney, mostly recognised for international distribution, pretty much a pseudonym for Disney)
There's Star, considering that the name has been used as the rebrand for the Fox channels around the world as well as being the non-US version of Hulu, though I can't see either name being revived as the new name for 20th Century Studios.
Or they can buyout the rest of Regency and use that name.
I could definitely see them buying the remaining stake of Regency but not using it as the new name for 20th Century Studios.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Instead of "Studios" being part of the new name, it should have been "Pictures", as a revival of the pre-1935 20th Century Pictures (the entity that purchased Fox Film to create 20th Century Fox, TCP, like Disney, once distributed its product through United Artists).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts