A lot of American celebrities appeared in Japanese commercials, what about voice actors on-screen?

I notice that a lot of celebs in the 80s and 90s like Sylvester Stallone, Michael J. Fox, and Eddie Murphy were in Japanese commercials back in the 80s and 90s, but I’m curious if voice actors like Frank Welker, Tress MacNeille, Rob Paulsen, Maurice LaMarche, etc., ever appeared in Japanese commercials on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pooky

Staff member
Not that I've ever heard of.

Bear in mind that Stallone, Murphy et al would have been very recognisable to Japanese audiences, even if most audiences there would have seen their movies dubbed. Conversely most or all audiences there would have seen the shows these voice actors were famous for dubbed into Japanese with other voice actors, so they wouldn't have been well known there.

Not that I've ever heard of.

Bear in mind that Stallone, Murphy et al would have been very recognisable to Japanese audiences, even if most audiences there would have seen their movies dubbed. Conversely most or all audiences there would have seen the shows these voice actors were famous for dubbed into Japanese with other voice actors, so they wouldn't have been well known there.

What I’m saying is, specifically before they were “famous”, a lesser known voice actor at the time, uncredited in the commercial, like there were models from America doing commercials for Japan. That sort of thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pooky

Staff member
I think the answer is probably still "no", but I did find Maurice LaMarche in a US advert for a Japanese product (Fujifilm VHS)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts