ABC Kids Lineup Announced

Matthew Williams

Owns A Homey The Clown Shirt
haven't found anything on ABC Medianet, of course. Going hunting like crazy right now, and if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
ABC has room for 10 shows on Saturday Mornings. Here's what I think it will look like.

8:00 Filmore
8:30 Recess
9:00 new show or extra Recess
9:30 new show or reruns of Lizzie Maguire
10:00 Stitch: The Series
10:30 Proud Family
11:00 Kim Possible
11:30 new show or extra half hour of Power Rangers
12:00 Power Rangers Ninja Storm/Power Rangers next series
12:30 NBA Inside Stuff

I think a half hour of Power Rangers and Recess could be gone, as well as Lizzie Maguire, since the House of Mouse may be a little bitter that Hilary Duff's not with the company any more.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Of course my DREAM ABC Kids lineup would be:

8:00 Winnie the Pooh
8:30 Gummi Bears
9:00 Ducktales
9:30 Rescue Rangers
10:00 Tale Spin
10:30 Darkwing Duck
11:00Gargoyles
11:30 Gargoyles
12:00 Sonic SAT
12:30 Mighty Morpin Power Rangers (first three seasons)

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Nice! Throw in Digimon reruns and Spider-Man and it'd be perfect!!!

Ludicris

and the real ghostbusters, which was on abc kids as well.

-Ludicris

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
Would anyone happen to have an actual schedule? Also, what does that mean "for subscribers only"? ABC Kids is just a fancy title for the Saturday morning lineup on plain old boring ABC, which everyone gets.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Lonestarr said:
Would anyone happen to have an actual schedule? Also, what does that mean "for subscribers only"? ABC Kids is just a fancy title for the Saturday morning lineup on plain old boring ABC, which everyone gets.

You have to be a subscriber to the Animation Magazine web site to have access to the full article.

Frankly, I'm smelling 'bogus' on this one. Animation Magazine isn't going to be announcing the ABC Kids lineup before ABC does. But I DO remember a release about the Stitch cartoon joining the lineup this fall.

If ABC does what it did last year, the new schedule announcement won't come until late July.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
They may know someone within ABC Kids who informed them of the prototype schedule.

As far as I know, Disney works two months ahead, so we'll probably find out the fall schedule in July.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Outside of NBA Inside Stuff, when's the last time something non-Disney created/owned was on the schedule?

loyalheart

It's Not TV. It's Cliche
Tobias said:
I think a half hour of Power Rangers and Recess could be gone, as well as Lizzie Maguire, since the House of Mouse may be a little bitter that Hilary Duff's not with the company any more.

yes she is. but not for acting.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Here it is- the Fall Lineup

Well, I finally caved in and became a subscriber of Animation Magazine. Knowing Medianet's track record on Power Ranger episode titles, airdates, etc., this may be more accurate than ABC's own press site. Nowhere near the amount of changes made last year. Not surprisingly, 2 new shows head to ABC Kids, with their origins from the Disney Channel. Here's the info you were all waiting for, the ABC Kids Fall Schedule:

8:00 am ET/7:00 am CT&PT
Lilo & Stitch: The Series

8:30 am ET/7:30 am CT&PT
Disney's Recess

9:00 am ET/8:00 am CT&PT
Disney's Fillmore!

9:30 am ET/8:30 am CT&PT
The Proud Family

10:00 am ET/9:00 am CT&PT
Lizzie McGuire

10:30 am ET/9:30 am CT&PT
That's So Raven

11:00 am ET/10:00 am CT&PT
Disney's Kim Possible

11:30 am ET/10:30 am CT&PT
Power Rangers Ninja Storm*

12:00 pm ET/11:00 am CT&PT
Power Rangers Ninja Storm*

12:30 pm ET/11:30 am CT&PT
NBA Inside Stuff

*Not in the article itself, but the show will become Power Rangers Dino Thunder in February 2004.

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Disney really needs to invest in programming that's exclusive the ABC Kids Lineup. NBA Inside Stuff is the only show on the schedule that's not already being shown an another channel.

And I have a feeling that Filmore will debut on Toon Disney mid-season like Teamo Supremo and Teacher's Pet have done in the past.

Lonestarr

Staff member
Thanks for the info, Tommy.

It's good to see that "Fillmore" isn't going anywhere, in terms of time slot or airing on the network.

A couple of things:

- Here's hoping that "Lilo and Stitch: the Series" turns out all right.

- Not that I care a lot about the show, but does anyone know if there'll be any new episodes of "Recess"? It's like they showed nothing but reruns all last season (which is to say last September through now).

sag_2002

Aaaaaand.... there goes any hope of Season 4 Digimon appearing on my TV anytime soon. :(

Oh well... more KP, more Power Rangers, so it's not a total loss.

Tobias said:
Disney really needs to invest in programming that's exclusive the ABC Kids Lineup. NBA Inside Stuff is the only show on the schedule that's not already being shown an another channel.
NBA inside stuff an old show form ESPN

And I have a feeling that Filmore will debut on Toon Disney mid-season like Teamo Supremo and Teacher's Pet have done in the past.

Lonestarr

Staff member
Aaaaaaaand what was the point of bumping up a five month old thread if you were only going to quote someone else's post without adding anything?

Lonestarr said:
Aaaaaaaand what was the point of bumping up a five month old thread if you were only going to quote someone else's post without adding anything?
forgive me, darn puter lost my comment.
i was saying, that looks like it got lost, NBA show is from ESPN line up, its a renewed old show

Red

Hmm
The Silver Fox said:
forgive me, darn puter lost my comment.
i was saying, that looks like it got lost, NBA show is from ESPN line up, its a renewed old show

I still don't see a point for bumping this thread...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts