About Twitter and it’s rebrand to X

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I just realized what the X stands for on the service that used to be called Twitter… Don’t use it!

But seriously so the new head of Twitter decided to rename the service to X. I’m just as confused as just about everyone else.

Twitter made sense and was unique and clever, You tweet messages out, I don’t know what was wrong with the name Twitter. X is a cool letter and all but how is it supposed to reference sending out public messages and posts? I think X is way too vague for what this platform is. That and the X logo looks too brash compared to the Twitter logo.

Supposedly the X means all-encompassing “everything app”. You know that reminds me of the Xbox One (Actually the third Xbox) which already had the letter X in its branding. The One confused many but it was referring to the console is supposed to be an all in one media center. But I’m doubtful the app would be successful at everything an app can do. There are plenty of apps and sites that separately do their own things and do them well, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. That is if unless if Twitter merges with all these other apps.

People have been saying the X means kisses, or that it sounds like an adult website. In terms of what X is supposed to mean in relation to messaging or tweeting my theory is that maybe the X is supposed to mean cross as in cross-communicating or cross-messaging. That’s the best presumption I could come up with. This rebranding made me seriously question big companies business decisions.

Ironically the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet which was considered a trendy Disney movie had references to Twitter. Assuming they actually stick with X that would make Ralph Breaks the Internet more dated.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Yeah, I really don't know what Elon Musk was thinking when he come up the name X. I'm still calling it Twitter.

Ironically the movie Ralph Breaks the Internet which was considered a trendy Disney movie had references to Twitter. Assuming they actually stick with X that would make Ralph Breaks the Internet more dated.
That, and Collen Ballenger, which makes the movie extra dated.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
It seems to be catching on. I’ve seen one company use X in their name and I saw one guy wear a sweatshirt with the letter X on the back from the logo. I don’t get it either.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
For the longest time I didn’t understand that Twitter changed its name; I thought it just changed its logo. I still call it Twitter since X is so generic,
People have been saying the X means kisses, or that it sounds like an adult
For what it’s worth, the very nature of that movie lends itself to be dated.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts