Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Still playing catch up, but anyway:

From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Nimona Dominates 2024 Annie Awards Nominations"​

Nimona_u_00_19_25_12.0.jpg

"The nominations for this year’s Annie Awards are out, and if there’s one clear winner, it’s the pink-haired, shapeshifting troublemaker Nimona, of the movie with the same name. The flick got nine nominations, more than anything else on the list.

And to think there was a point when no one was sure if this film would even come out. Originally produced by Blue Sky, the picture was canned by Disney after the buyout of 20th Century from Fox. Fortunately Netflix stepped in to finish it up, and…here we are. Hopefully Coyote Vs Acme will be in this same position come 2025."

For the complete list of nominations in each category, you can read the full article here.

The actual awards ceremony is February 17th. Anyone here follow the Annie Awards?!?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Blue Eye Samurai, Spider-Verse Dominate 51st Annie Awards"​

p7slr29t.jpg

"After Netflix’s Nimona received the most nominations for this year’s Annie Awards, you might’ve expected a clean sweep for the film, but it only won two of those trophies last night. Instead the lead victor was Sony’s Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse with seven wins, including Best Direction, Best Music, and the most prized of all, Best Feature. Nimona‘s two were for Best Writing and Best Voice Acting (Chloe Grace Moretz specifically).

There was also a clear television favorite with Netflix’s Blue Eye Samurai nabbing six awards including Best Writing, Best Editing, Best Effects and Best TV Show Period (Mature Category). Separate awards for Best Show went to Hilda in the Children’s category and Ghee Happy in the Preschool category. Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire won Best Limited Series."

Read the full article here.

Did anyone here expect "Across the Spider-Verse" to win the most awards?

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm very happy that Blue Eye Samurai won six Annie Awards on Saturday as I found the show to be one of the best animated shows in recent years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts