April, 2024--What Did You Buy This Month: Animated DVD/Blu-Ray/4K

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what we have for this month:

4/9:

Sesame Street's Mecha Builders: Complete Series

4/16:

Star Trek: Lower Decks--Season 4 (DVD & Blu-Ray)

4/23:

Harley Quinn: Season 4 (DVD & Blu-Ray)
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 2 (Blu-Ray & 4K)

So, what's everyone gonna get this month?

Last edited:

Pooky

Staff member
Ordered Popeye Volume 2 1938-1940 and Volume 3 1941-43. Had my eye on these for around a decade, got them for a decent price and shipping from within the UK to boot. (Also product photo confirms its the original editions with extras intact; I believe there have been barebones re-releases in the last few years).

Pooky

Staff member
- Rocky and Bullwinkle Seasons 1-5 (Individual Season Sets) Pretty good deal of around £30 for the lot, including postage, shipping from the UK no less. Amazon UK also offers a combined Box Set for around the same price (shipping from the US), but I decided to go with this because it sounds like the disc storage in that set is less than ideal and has caused problems. The first season was released in the UK back in 2005, but none of the others.
- A Turtle's Tale 3D Blu-Ray Not one of the great animated films for sure, but I remember the 3D being pretty spectacular, even on DVD with the crummy red/blue glasses, so I'm expecting big things from a proper 3D presentation

Pooky

Staff member
Found a single volume (Region 1/US) DVD of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack for just £1 in a local charity shop/thrift store, quite excited as I've actually never seen it, being complete out of the loop with Cartoon Network at the time (mentioned this before, but I get it mixed up with Chowder, which I've also never seen), don't believe this volume or any other DVD was ever released in the UK. It has 10 episodes and even a few special features.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts