April, 2024--What Did You Buy This Month: Live-Action DVD/Blu-Ray/4K

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what we have for this month:

Recent Theatrical/Streamed Releases (Combo)

Home
Lisa Frankenstein
The Beekeeper (Combo & 4K)
Lawmen: Bass Reeves
Madame Web (Combo & 4K)
Mean Girls (2024) (Combo & 4K)

Live-Action TV on DVD/Blu-Ray

Doom Patrol: 4th & Final Season (DVD & Blu-Ray)
Jack Ryan: 4th & Final Season (Blu-Ray & 4K)
Jack Ryan: Complete Series (Blu-Ray & 4K)
Monk: Season 6 (Blu-Ray)
Andor: Season 1 (Blu-Ray & 4K)
The Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Season 1 (Blu-Ray & 4K)
Moon Knight: Season 1 (Blu-Ray & 4K)
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Complete Series (Blu-Ray & 4K)

New on Blu-Ray

Lost in Space (1998)
Mean Guns (1997)
The Minus Man (1999)
Affliction (1997)
Fletch (1985)
Fletch Lives (1989)
Eight Men Out (1988)
Witness (1985)

New on 4K

First Blood (1982)
Major League (1989)
Rambo: Last Blood (2019)
King Kong (1976)
High Noon (1952)
The Departed (2006)
Steel Magnolias (1989)
Conan The Barbarian (1982)
Conan The Destroyer (1984)
Mean Girls: 20th Anniversary (2004)
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Ocean's Twelve (2004)
Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

So, what's everyone gonna get this month?

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Holes - 20th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray)

This is a peculiar release. It was first released on DVD in 2003, with special features of course. It got a Disney Movie Club exclusive Blu-ray release to commemorate the movie's 15th anniversary, and the Blu-ray was devoid of any of the special features. They put out this 20th anniversary edition last year, which consists of the barebones Blu-ray, and the DVD with the special features. It sounds kind of strange for a Blu-ray/DVD release. That's usually how 4K releases with Blu-rays are. Anyway, it's the definitive release of the movie.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Scored another Walt Disney Treasures to my collection- The Adventures of Spin & Marty. The place I got this from also had the Hardy Boys set, and I had to make sure that I didn't have both, but I do own the latter.

Pooky

Staff member
I, Robot 3D Blu-Ray
This was a big hit in 2004 (although looking it up, not quite as big as I remembered), and from experience it seems to have been well liked by the general public, but it developed kind of a bad reputation for excessive product placement and for dumbing down the work of Isaac Asimov. The first is certainly fair (Will Smith conveniently plays a "retro enthusiast" with a passion for the early 00s), the second is also probably fair, not being an Asimov expect I can't really comment, but I do recall it at least being more thoughtful than most of the big budget films that were coming out during a particularly tacky and low-brow era for mainstream films. I remember enjoying it anyway, and I haven't seen it in full since renting the DVD when it first came out, and I'm interested to see how I react now.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Just received my preorder of Tarkovsky's Nostalghia. A rare 4K pick-up for me, Amazon had it for $15 for a minute, too good to ignore, and it still comes with a Blu disc.

4/30- One last purchase, albeit from a few days ago- The Fifth Element. Was trading some things in and had a little bit of credit, so I got this for cheap.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts