Arby's Oven Mit Commercials?

Supernovametalstar

I think the makers of Hamburger Helper should sue for copyright infringment :p .

That Arby's mitt is no where near as personable and enjoyable as the glove from the Hamburger Helper commercials.

Tanooki

Supplexing disease since 1982.
i disagree. i LOVE oven-mitt! tom arnold's voice is absolutely perfect for that character. i especially loved his story about getting the job during his interview with conan o'brien:

tom: "arby's gave me an all you can eat card for their restaurant, so my family go in there all the time and have about $50 worth of food. conan. they took my card away!"

tom's the man

Falcon

"I DON'T HAVE EARS!!!"

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
How are Arby's sandwiches anyway? I ate one a long time ago. They had a 5 for $10 deal at the time and my friends and I tried it. It seemed like just a normal sandwich, nothing really special. I consider Quiznos sandwiches to be the best.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Oven Mitt is awesome! He's probably the best fast food mascot out there right now, but a lot of places seem to be dumping their mascots. :shrug:

"This is Lars, my personal trainer..."

Jaguar

Cogito ergo doleum
I never used to like Arby's until I saw the oven mitt commercials. Now I'm a believer!!
Um..yeah.
And Tom Arnold is the oven mitt's voice? I thought that was Jim Belushi. Ah well. At least it's still someone good at it.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
I hate Oven Mitt with a fiery vengeance. Don't know why. I wish that, in addition to the ears and nose thing, someone would point out to him that's he's an inanimate object and shut him up.

halinar

And someone marketing person actually got paid to come up with this idea....

We'll make a mascott... an oven mitt. aaah, and call it... ahhhh. oven mitt.

Yeah, and we'll do 12 year old humor with it. Yeah, see it doesn't have a nose and he won't know it.

Ugh... More reasons to avoid any commercial at all costs.

Squall

Calm Before The Storm
When was the last time anyone saw someone using an oven mitt in a fast food restaurant, anyway? I've never seen anyone in a fast food restaurant use an oven mitt. Maybe this is why the whole concept puzzles me...

Arby's is OK, but for fast food burgers, you can't beat Wendy's and Chik-Fil-A. :D

TimTwoFace

Mod, and Minotaur Bait
The oven mitt dude is OK - he's grown on me. But I gotta admit, at first, I thought it was another Hamburger Helper ad, too. :p

-Tim

Mynd Hed

Holy blue on a popo!
oranthal said:
How are Arby's sandwiches anyway? I ate one a long time ago. They had a 5 for $10 deal at the time and my friends and I tried it. It seemed like just a normal sandwich, nothing really special. I consider Quiznos sandwiches to be the best.

Well, it's all a matter of personal taste, but I LOVE Arby's. I think it has something to do with all the cocaine they put in the sauce....

Arby's is OK, but for fast food burgers, you can't beat Wendy's and Chik-Fil-A.

Umm, what? Arby's doesn't have any hamburgers, all their sandwiches are either chicken or thinly-sliced roast beef, or both. Ditto Chik-Fil-A, except that they only have chicken. Apples and oranges, man, apples and oranges. No comparison.

But back to the topic at hand... I find the oven mitt a pretty bland character. I don't find him obnoxious or anything, but he doesn't stand out either, and that's what you really want a mascot to do, to catch your eye and make you remember him. I doubt he'll stick around for long.

LightAngel

Child of Twilight
Hehehe, Oven Mitt cracks me up. I don't even really eat at Arby's much, but now I'm thinking I should go there more often...

EightOh

They're fake
Chick-Fil-A rules.

Err, where was I? Oh, right. Arby's. The only things I've ever had at Arby's were a milk shake, a couple of years ago (quite tasty), and some small curly fries while waiting for Spider-Man to start last year. Those were pretty good, too. So I approve.

The oven mitt? I wonder why Hamburger Helper decided to turn down his demands for a better contract. Guess he walked, and Arby's brought him in.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
I think Arby's missed the boat by not getting the guy who plays Puddy from Seinfield to do endorsements.

"Feels like an Arby's night."

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts