"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
A sequel to Tim Burton's Beetlejuice is in development at Brad Pitt's studio, Plan B. Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder are tapped to reprise their roles. Whether Burton will return to the project is unconfirmed at this time. Filming begins this Summer.

the greenman

I think both Burton & Keaton always seemed to bring up the idea of a sequel and never in a way of rolling their eyes. So in this age of resurrecting old IP, it's possible they would try it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Surprised this is still happening. Talks of a sequel have been going on for decades and it never happens. This is the first time I ever heard of a potential sequel being filmed.

Now let's hope David Zaslov doesn't do to Keaton / Burton's Beetlejuice in this movie was he did to Keaton / Burton's Batman in Batgirl.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Surprised this is still happening. Talks of a sequel have been going on for decades and it never happens. This is the first time I ever heard of a potential sequel being filmed.
I don't recall if this thread was another victim of the forum downtime and some posts got lost but in any case, yeah, the rough timeline was:
-2011-2016-drafts worked on, Ryder confirmed she would reprise, about to start filming said several times, but of will it or won't it for 5 years
-2017-a rewrite was done
-2019-shelved
-re-re-announced in February 2022
-October 2022-Burton says he's not involved then back pedals
-March 2023-Jenna Ortega rumored to be in talks and Burton reported to be directing
-May-Ortega confirmed, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar revealed to be the new writers, Justin Theroux and Willem Dafoe join the cast, Catherine O'Hara confirmed to reprise Delia Deetz, Monica Bellucci cast as Betelgeuse's wife.
-May 11-Filming starts in London
-June-Exterior filming in Vermont
-July-Filming suspended due to the strike, Burton states they were 99% done and only needed a day or two more.
-So far set to release on September 6, 2024

the greenman

I don't have the source, but I heard Johnny Depp was going to play an exorcist in this. Might be just a cameo like 21 Jump Street did.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I don't have the source, but I heard Johnny Depp was going to play an exorcist in this. Might be just a cameo like 21 Jump Street did.
11/9: Depp's collaborated with Burton a lot so it wouldn't be a surprise. Last I read a few months ago about Depp was a cameo but that was from Giant Freakin' Robot, so I didn't put much stock in it then.

11/18: Filming resumed in Melrose.

11/25: Ortega and Keaton seen on the set.

11/28: Dafoe revealed he plays "a police officer in the afterlife, so I’m a dead person. And in life I was a B-movie action star."

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
It would be funny if he made a Mars Attacks sequel, and it ended up making more than Independence Day: Resurgence

It would be weird to make a sequel to that movie. All the Martians are dead. How can you take it from there?
Heck, it's rare for Tim Burton to make sequels, period. Most of his movies are one-and-done. This is his first sequel since Batman Returns over 30 years ago.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Too obvious if you ask me; almost as if they’re implying that they’re planning (read: hoping that they’ll be able to make) a third movie.

Get it? Think about it. With a name like this, what do you think they might call a third movie?…
If there is a 3rd movie, let's hope we don't have to wait another 36 years for it.

And, hey, at least they didn't call the movie Bee2juice! :D

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts