Best and Worst of 2023 on Nickelodeon

Superfemg1rl

Well here's the Best and Worst of 2023 on Nickelodeon seasonal Thread. What was the best and what was the worst? Write your opinions below.

Here's Mine.

Best
Nickelodeon's rebrand and revival of the Splat Logo.
Bossy Bear.
The Aftertoons.
Monster High 2
The summer schedule on Nickelodeon did slightly better than last year.

Worst
Paw Patrol Spam in Fall 2023.
No new Animated series premieres on Nickelodeon
Erin & Aaron seemed like a total rip off.
No Thursday nor Friday night premieres in Fall except during the Holidays

Based on above, I believe Nickelodeon has did slightly better than last year due to the new Splat rebrand, slight improvement of summer schedule and the new Aftertoons block.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Best:
TLH road trip

Worst:
First full year without Casagrandes episodes since cancellation (this is what happens when you put SpongeBob above all else).

I think if TLH takes more risks that SpongeBob isn't willing to take it could become Nick's new kingpin and put the sponge on life support. One thing I had in mind was a crossover with sister channel Comedy Central's South Park where in the Louds take a vacation to the titular Colorado town, thinking it's a nice, quaint place but not all is as it seems. The more extreme elements of South Park would be toned down to keep the show TV-Y7. I mean if a family-friendly property can be made into a TV-MA series (like Winx Club, a former Nick property, was), then certainly the opposite - making an adults-only property family-friendly - is possible.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Staff member
best:
-erin & aaron
-good burger 2
-a really haunted loud house
-teenage mutant ninja turtles mutant mayhem

middle of the road:
-zoey 102

worst:
-alvin and the chipmunks 2015 being dropped and then having seasons 6 and 7 cancelled
-fairly odder being completely wiped from paramount plus
-of all sitcoms, the vehicles for rappers (young dylan and lay lay) are still going (at least danger force still is!)

kanc

Worst:
First full year without Casagrandes episodes since cancellation (this is what happens when you put SpongeBob above all else).
Actually Nickelodeon did air Casagrandes rerun for only Halloween special in 2023 so far.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
WORST:
What's happening with Paramount.
Why is that the worst? What are you talking about? If this is about the rumors of David Ellison acquiring Paramount, that's actually not a bad thing. What Steve Cahall thinks should happen after that makes it sound bad. Seriously, screw him!

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Why is that the worst? What are you talking about? If this is about the rumors of David Ellison acquiring Paramount, that's actually not a bad thing. What Steve Cahall thinks should happen after that makes it sound bad. Seriously, screw him!

I admit I don't know all the details, as I really don't follow Nick or Paramount outside of the one or two shows they have that actually interest me, but after what's been transpiring with all these major studios in the past two years, my knee-jerk reaction to the thought of another big corporate shakeup is "Not this crap again!".

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Best
The latest version of the Nickelodeon Splat logo looks very cool.
Kel Mitchell gets some more work.

Worst
SpongeBob SquarePants and The Loud House have become zombie shows because TV executives are afraid of new ideas.

PF9 said:
Worst:
First full year without Casagrandes episodes since cancellation

Casagrandes was a lame, uninspired knockoff. That show was nothing more than The Loud House Too. Why should Nick keep airing Casagrandes when a) it's already cancelled, and b) TLH is already being spammed to death? Removing that show was a mercy killing.

Last edited:

kanc

Casagrandes was a lame, uninspired knockoff. That show was nothing more than The Loud House Too. Why should Nick keep airing Casagrandes when a) it's already cancelled, and b) TLH is already being spammed to death? Removing that show was a mercy killing.
I already told him that Nickelodeon did air Casagrandes one time only in September 26, 2023.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Best: Big Nate Season 2, part 1, Erin and Aaron, A Really Haunted Loud House

Worst: no new animated shows, like at all. One new live-action show.

TLH is already being spammed to death? Removing that show was a mercy killing.
Is not, it barely aired on Nickelodeon this year, they didn't even air the entire month of August

kanc

Worst: no new animated shows, like at all.
Actually there were three animated shows. Only two were preschool shows: Rubble & Crew, and Bossy Bear.

The other one is technically a mini short series: Well Versed.

Other than that, there hasn't been any Nickelodeon regular animated shows. Rock Paper Scissors were delayed to next year.

Zokie was supposed to air in spring but were pulled.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Actually there were three animated shows. Only two were preschool shows: Rubble & Crew, and Bossy Bear.

The other one is technically a mini short series: Well Versed.

Other than that, there hasn't been any Nickelodeon regular animated shows. Rock Paper Scissors were delayed to next year.

Zokie was supposed to air in spring but were pulled.

I should say no new animated series that weren't in the preschool side or shorts. Kind of dry.

Ace

Ace
The lack of new original animated stuff isn't new this year but it's definitely the worst of Nick. Although they are in a better position than CN overall.

I guess the rebrand is something cool I'll give them that and I'll still time to time get some enjoyment out of Spongebob even though it's seen better days.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Best
The latest version of the Nickelodeon Splat logo looks very cool.
Kel Mitchell gets some more work.

Worst
SpongeBob SquarePants and The Loud House have become zombie shows because TV executives are afraid of new ideas.

I already told him that Nickelodeon did air Casagrandes one time only in September 26, 2023.

I meant new, first-run episodes.

Any I predict The Search for SquarePants will be the last theatrical SBSP movie if it bombs.

kanc

Best:
*The Nickelodeon, nick@nite, and NickJr channel and block splat rebranding
*KCA 2023
*Erin & Aaron
*Good Burger 2
*Zoey 102
*AfterToons block
*Nick@Nite is slowly managed to air never before seen Friends episodes on special occasional event.

Worst:
*Writers Strike/Actors Strike halted production of shows
*Schedule still lacking
*Loud House getting less airings this year
*Alvinnn being shipped to nicktoons then later quietly canceled
*Fairly Odder removed from paramont plus and other streaming, just after Nickelodeon finishes Fairly Odder season, quietly implied it's been canceled
*Nick@Nite never had new shows acquisitions since spring of last year: Seinfeld, and even last year Nov 2022, Seinfeld was taken off at last minute with no warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa

Asa

Best:
  • Nickelodeon finally rebranded after nearly six years
  • Compared to 2003 (6 episodes) and 2013 (9 episodes), Nick finally broke the trend by giving us a lot of brand new SpongeBob premieres (36 episodes)
  • The Aftertoons

Worst:
  • The iCarly reboot ending on a cliffhanger
  • Alvin premieres being shipped to Nicktoons (though this was for the best, the series hasn’t aired on main Nickelodeon since June 2022)

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The best and worst from Nickelodeon this year is that for the former, the channel updated the logo with the return of the splat and for the latter, ending the iCarly revival with a cliffhanger.

ToonsJazzLover

Best
-The Splat Zone rebrand
-Whatever new content they released at all

Worst
-The scheduling
-The megaleaks

Overall, I found this year a letdown for Nick. I forget they even rebranded this year because it feels emptier than usual.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts