The choices:

Paul Frees-60's Hanna/Barbera version

Ted Cassidy-1978 DePatie-Freleng

Joe Baker-Fred and Barney Meet the Thing

Chuck McCann-90's animated series

Brian Dobson-WGH

Caswin

Paul Frees-60's Hanna/Barbera version
I haven't seen this series in years, but I remember him being pretty darn gravelly and definitely fitting the role.
Ted Cassidy-1978 DePatie-Freleng
Never seen it, but since this is Lurch we're talking about, he I can't see him being far off the mark.
Joe Baker-Fred and Barney Meet the Thing
Never seen it. Doubtful.
Chuck McCann-90's animated series
Another winner. I can see why Stu considers him the definitive voice.
Brian Dobson-WGH
...actually, now that I think about it, I don't hear much difference from Chuck or, if memory's serving me properly, Paul.

Nostalgia bonus for the win. Paul Frees.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I'm among the Chuck McCann group as well, but Ted Cassidy was ok. I believe Ted also voiced Galactus.

You probably wanted to go with voice actors from the Fantastic four series, but for the heck of it, I thought I should mention Patrick Pinney. He voiced The Thing in the Secret Wars 3 parter in Spider-Man The Animated Series.

Manhunter

Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
You probably wanted to go with voice actors from the Fantastic four series, but for the heck of it, I thought I should mention Patrick Pinney. He voiced The Thing in the Secret Wars 3 parter in Spider-Man The Animated Series.

Forgot about him. I include the guy from Fred and Barney Meet the Thing, but not the guy who did his voice on Spider-Man:TAS. sigh

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Forgot about him. I include the guy from Fred and Barney Meet the Thing, but not the guy who did his voice on Spider-Man:TAS. sigh

For that, you must turn in your membership card. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm among the Chuck McCann group as well, but Ted Cassidy was ok. I believe Ted also voiced Galactus.

Well if you want to go really far, there is also Gregg Berger, who did his voice in M:UA. ;)

Wonderwall

Staff member
Dobson for me hands down. Ive never really heard the others except the one from the 90s and half the time his voice annoyed me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts