C&C - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - "Swordsmith Village Arc" [8/10-TBA]

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Episode 45
"Someone's Dream"

8/10 at 12:00 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: As the fierce battle draws to an end, Tanjiro and Uzui behead Gyutaro just as Zenitsu and Inosuke behead Daki. But then, Gyutaro unleashes a devastating Blood Demon Art, burying the city in rubble. When Tanjiro awakens, he joins Nezuko and Zenitsu, only to find Inosuke and Uzui on the brink of death from Gyutaro's poison...

Tonight: An Upper Rank Demon has been defeated for the first time in a hundred years by Uzui, Tanjiro and his comrades' effort. This news causes a ripple effect not only among the members of the Demon Slayer Corps, but also the Upper Rank Demons, who have been summoned by Muzan Kibutsuji. Meanwhile, Tanjiro is recovering at the Butterfly Mansion when he discovers that he has upset his swordsmith Haganezuka after chipping his sword and decides to head to the village where the swordsmiths live to talk to him in person.

HotaruSaysNoSpoilers.jpg

Did you just utter a spoiler?!!!​

See Also:
Demon Slayer (Season One) Talkback Threads
2. Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Movie Discussion Thread (the previous arc)
--Note: In Demon Slayer: Entertainment District, this movie is Episodes 27 to 33.

3. Demon Slayer: Entertainment District (Season 2b) Talkback Thread at Anime Forum
--Talkback thread on Adult Swim Board

4. Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village (Season 3) Talkback Thread at Anime Forum

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
The Mugen Train arc killed a Hashira.
The Entertainment District arc retired another hurt.
What will happen this time around?

This place needs a map with a dot saying "you are here."

I didn't know Aperture Science had a Japanese branch.

Most people are afraid of the number 13, but the number 113?

It's a Nickelodeon logo demon.
Who engages in sexual harassment.

The cinematographer is showboating a bit.

"Have I ever let you down, sir?"
"You have a spare couple of centuries?"

"Have I ever told you lot how much I detest change?"
Don't ever run for president.

You don't have to be bloodthirsty to work here, but it helps.

Whoa, six eyes. I'd hate to meet his optometrist.

Tanjiro? Did they just do a time skip?
Wha--did he marry Nezuko?

Oh, a dream. Shoula known.

Woke up in time for the dessert tray.

HOW DARE YOU NOT SCREAM TO THE WORLD HE'S REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS!!

Walking off into the sunset with his harem.

Well, it seems Inosuke's made a full recovery.

*picturing a honey badger with a boar's head*

Silent movie cat is concerned.

Zenitsu's libido lets him break the fourth wall.

If you can't take proper care of your sword, you shouldn't be allowed to have one.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Gonna start a new post since the other one was getting a bit long.

So it's just like the Batcave.

This village is so secret even the people who live there don't know where it is.

Like they sliced a piece of a medium-sized city like a piece of birthday cake.

And playing the role of Lady Godiva...

I'm the chief of this village. Now come over here and give me a kiss.

Don't hit your head on the floor too hard. You just got out of a coma.

They all wear masks, and not one person raises a stink about it. I can respect that.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Hashira of the week.

For a moment there, I thought we'd be getting a marshmallow hell moment.

DON'T TALK TO MEEEEE!!!

Did Nezuko's mind regress to a four-year-old since getting attacked by that demon?

She became a Hashira to...find a husband. Ooooookay, that's a perfectly...reason.

Sadly, Nezuko's not going to find it inside that box.

"Just how many Hashira are here?"
I've counted two or three so far. The last two arcs had one each.

Oh, is he one?

So no Inosuke or Zenitsu this time, I'm guessing. My ears will rest easy.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Muzan's getting mad. But wait, Gyutaro was the weak one? Ulp. Azama's definitely got a chip on his shoulder. Kokushibo definitely is #1 for a reason. And Domo seems like a cult leader? Dunno what to make of Gyokko and Hatengu – they don't seem too tough but appearances are deceiving and they are Uppers after all. Welp. Seems a given those 2 Uppers are going to target the Swordsmith Village once the intel is verified.

Wait, is the swordsman in the dream supposed to the Upper One? And does that mean he was a Demon Slayer who became a demon?! He does wallow about not being able to defend what mattered most. Maybe Upper One is this guy's brother or son? But that definitely was the same person Muzan thought about after the encounter with Tanjiro in Asakusa and was shaken. Then I think Daki briefly saw him during the battle in the Entertainment District. And well obviously Sumiyoshi is some ancestor of Tanjiro based on looks alone. And at some point, stands to reason this Demon Slayer gives Sumiyoshi his hanafuda earrings that end up with Tanjiro. And has a forehead mark like Tanjiro. Hmm, maybe he's the one who invented Hinokami Kagura and passed on the technique to Sumiyoshi. Hence, why Tanjiro's dad knew of it. Based on the title "Someone's Dream" – and past instances, guess Tanjiro was somehow seeing his ancestor's memory. Weird. Then again, blood is a potent element in this series. Seems there's more to it than just a technique of the demons. Bloodlines matter, too, to some degree? Or he's got some form of precognition maybe connected to seeing threads when he's fighting.

Daaang, two months in a coma. Rofl, of course Inosuke clung to the ceiling for a day telling Tanjiro to wake up. And well, looks like they wrote Zenitsu off of this arc with a far away mission. And Inosuke.

Hmm, Haganezuka went missing but seems like he does that all the time. The chief seems to be an interesting fellow.

Pretty lucky two Hashira happen to be there though. Eh, figures the Love Hashira became a Demon Slayer to find a husband... But ugh, that Genya is there, too. Guess we'll find out more about him at last. Wow, another power up already. Wait, that guy from the dream?!

They are certainly setting up a lot of questions for this season.

Nobodyman

Oh yeah. Like I said last year, I've made the shift to watching this show on Crunchyroll and, although I'm enjoying it, I'm really not up for a rewatch so soon.

Personally, I really enjoyed this arc, even though I guess it wasn't quite as well received as the previous one, and I hope you all enjoy it too.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
We are definitely way behind on Demon Slayer and I understand why Toonami talkbacks are going to be pretty barren for this and MHA season 7 whenever that inevitably airs. Swordsmith Village, like Entertainment District, was basically one really long lavishly done fight sequence. after a couple of setup episodes The next season (Hashira Training) seemed to overcorrect with having very little action until the very end of the season and too much slice of life stuff. Cool to have Demon Slayer back as it's the biggest anime of the 2020s.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DemonSlayerSwordsmithVillage.jpg

Episode 46
"Yoriichi Type Zero"
8/18 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: An Upper Rank Demon has been defeated for the first time in a hundred years by Uzui, Tanjiro and his comrades' effort. This news causes a ripple effect not only among the members of the Demon Slayer Corps, but also the Upper Rank Demons, who have been summoned by Muzan Kibutsuji. Meanwhile, Tanjiro is recovering at the Butterfly Mansion when he discovers that he has upset his swordsmith Haganezuka after chipping his sword and decides to head to the village where the swordsmiths live to talk to him in person.

Tonight: Tanjiro, who has angered Haganezuka because of the broken blade, decides to head to the Swordsmith Village with Nezuko. In one of the important bases for demon slayers, the deeply hidden Swordsmith Village, Tanjiro reunites with his classmate Genya Shinazugawa and the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji. While Tanjiro, who heard about the existence of a secret weapon from Mitsuri, is exploring the mountains, he sees the Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito, arguing with a boy from the village about something…

HotaruSaysNoSpoilers.jpg

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: The anime equivalent of heading to the post office wondering why your package is late.

You touched me. NOBODY touches men.

Nice box. Mind if I open it without your permission?

No annoying comedy relief sidekicks. Just some swordsmiths wearing kissy face masks.

High five! Down low! Too slow!

"Even though most of what you said is probably right, and he can't fight like a Hashira..."
Way to stick up for him, Tanjiro.

"This speech is not worth my time. I will now knock you unconscious as a sign of disrespect for your very existence."

Dolls? What is this, Violet Evergarden? How many words per minute can he type?

Even his crow is a brat.

Fricking tsundere crows.

Last time I followed my nose I found a bowl of Froot Loops.

They say talent skips a generation, so maybe your kids will get it right.

"Your doll sucks. Why are you so useless?"

I don't think it'll works when it's wet--oh, okay, fine.

"Commit seppuku, you shameless jerk!"
"You think we should put his head on public display?"
Okay, no more X for you.

"It's a miracle you're not dead! Who bothered to spawn you, and why?"

You can't train on an empty stomach.

"TASTYYYYYY!"
R.I.P. Rangoku.

You found the prize inside!

Persistance prevails when all else fails!
Slow and steady wins the race!
YOU CAN WIN! YOU FEEL GREAT! YOU! CAN! DO! THIS!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Of course the indifferent jerk Hashira is the one who might know about the Hinokami. Even his crow is mean, lmao.

Mm, so that was a doll of the slayer from Tanjiro's dream and that was actually from the Sengoku era.

Hmm. Interesting. I guess Yorrichi was his name based on the doll's name. And that would make a stronger case for the Upper named Kokushibo being a relative of his.

Rofl, how cruel a taskmaster Kotetsu became. Then again, led to a new ability awakening in Tanjiro. But lmao when he went after rainwater or angrily demanded food after landing the first strike.

A sword was hidden in the doll all this time? Neat.

Overall, nice to have a bit more humor again in-between battles with some world building and a mystery.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 47
"A Sword from Over 300 Years Ago"
8/25 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: Tanjiro, who has angered Haganezuka because of the broken blade, decides to head to the Swordsmith Village with Nezuko. In one of the important bases for demon slayers, the deeply hidden Swordsmith Village, Tanjiro reunites with his classmate Genya Shinazugawa and the Love Hashira, Mitsuri Kanroji. While Tanjiro, who heard about the existence of a secret weapon from Mitsuri, is exploring the mountains, he sees the Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito, arguing with a boy from the village about something…

Tonight: Tanjiro begins training with Yoriichi Type Zero, and through Kotetsu's relentless guidance and training under extreme conditions, he acquires a new ability: he can tell where his opponents will aim next just by the smell. During the training, a blow from Tanjiro destroys the Yoriichi Type Zero, but a sword from more than 300 years ago emerges from inside...

HotaruSaysNoSpoilers.jpg

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: FREE SWORD INSIDE! (with proof of purchase)

So after a bonus Rick and Morty anime mindfrag, we're straight into this thing.

You're already on the hook for one sword. Let's not push your luck.

Or course it's long past its expiration date.

I'm sorry, the kissy face mask kinda subtracts from the drama.

LOOK, JUST LEAVE IT TO HIM ALREADY!

Clearly he should get out more.

He watches a lot of YouTube videos of people restoring rusty antiques and worn-out electronics.

You hit a girl and yet HE'S in the wrong?

I think you dropped this tooth.

Did Nezuko becoming part-demon regress her mental age?

I've heard of getting your hand stuck in a vase, but that...yikes.

Mabel, call the exterminator. We've got demons.

Tokito, that's not how we ask for things.

"Life has a way of rewarding good deeds."
Well, no good deed goes unpunished.

She's not really chibi, that's just how she's drawn.

"I've got to kill you and everyone in this village or I am SO gonna get fired!"

You look hot. Let me cool you off.

We don't cotton to you demon types round here.

Well this turned south in a heartbeat.

And now you're deaf.

Grab onto a branch!
*snap*
Grab onto a better branch!

He's being attacked by a Big Mouth Billy Bass!

Who wants sushi?

Aren't you lying numb in a forest with tinnitus?

Last edited:

animePWNS

1955-2024
It's like 1920s Asteroids: Demon Edition.

Another walking fish? I made a Gyo comment when that walking shark appeared in Zom 100. I guess it should apply here with Uzumaki coming in five weeks.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ha, he was training in the forest so he could make Tanjiro a better sword. Rofl, tickling his sides.

That poor swordsmith getting pulled into the pot only to be spit out. Brutal.

Whoa so Genya's got a gun that shoots Nichiren bullets and a short sword. Interesting. Still want to know what's up with the tooth he pulled out.

So the weird Upper Hantengu gets young and more powerful the more they are decapitated and worse multiply like mitosis. Seems like they each act a little differently, too. I doubt they have the same weakness as the brother and sister from Entertainment District. The old one was so cowardly. The tengu seemed excited. Another seemed full of anger. Emotions. Heart? Maybe the heart of the main body is the weakness.

At least something Tanjiro said got through to the Mist Hashira.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 48
"Thank you, Tokito"
9/1 at 12:30 AM

Previously on Demon Slayer: Tanjiro begins training with Yoriichi Type Zero, and through Kotetsu's relentless guidance and training under extreme conditions, he acquires a new ability: he can tell where his opponents will aim next just by the smell. During the training, a blow from Tanjiro destroys the Yoriichi Type Zero, but a sword from more than 300 years ago emerges from inside...

Tonight: Before Tanjiro and Muichiro, an Upper Moon Demon suddenly appears. Muichiro slashes off the demon's neck, but it splits into two pieces and Muichiro is blown away. Meanwhile, Muichiro rescues Kotetsu, who is being attacked by a goldfish demon in the forest.

HotaruSaysNoSpoilers.jpg

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time:

I wonder how demon fish tastes.

I've seen a zombie shark with legs that wasn't half as goofy-looking as that.

YOU CALLED ME A SEAWEED HEAD?!?

Use the Force, Tokuto...

And now in STEREO!

Joy, sorrow, anger, and pleasure? Are we in some preteen girl's brain all of a sudden?

Surely you're a man of many talons.

That's not how you pick up girls, dude.

PEZ DISPENSER NO JUTSU~!

Well, so much for mohawk guy.
Oh, hang on--

"Hurry up and split his head in two!"
"I was already doing it! You don't have to get on me! You're always getting on me!"

An eye for an eye, and a foot for a foot.

These guys must be a lot of fun on dates.

Come on, man, just die already! You're gonna lose me my job!

Tanjiro showing his hidden talons there.

Either your neck is stronger than hers, or...

Well, that's not a good look.

The Little Mermaid II: Flounder's Revenge!

The village is close to destruction! Uguu~!

I thought guys went for pink-haired girls with healthy appetites.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts