C&C - Naruto Shippuden - "Naruto & Hinata's Wedding" [7/6-9/1] *SERIES FINALE*

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Last time on Shippuden: Ino, Choji and Temari rush to Shikamaru's aid; Choji takes on Ro, Temari goes after Soku, and Ino goes after Sai; Shikamaru pursues Gengo to stop his evil ambitions and their final battle begins.
1720195962497.png

OPENING: Empty Heart by Anly
ENDING: Absolutely by Swimy

Episode 494
Naruto's Wedding

Synopsis: As Naruto and Hinata's wedding day approaches, Kakashi encounters a problem -- if all of Naruto's elite ninja friends attend, the village will be left undefended.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Hard to believe that Naruto: Shippuden is actually ending. It's rare for an anime series of a long length like this to end on U.S. TV airwaves, yet Shippuden just kept on chuggin' for 10 years.

Godspeed, Shippuden.

animePWNS

1955-2024
Hard to believe that Naruto: Shippuden is actually ending. It's rare for an anime series of a long length like this to end on U.S. TV airwaves, yet Shippuden just kept on chuggin' for 10 years.

Godspeed, Shippuden.
And it's ending 19 years after the original Naruto started airing here. If it weren't for Disney XD, it would've ended earlier. (My apologies for bringing back that bad memory.)

Last edited:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
I don’t like that Iruka has been recast so close to the end of the series. The new actor doesn’t sound at all like the original. It’s especially noticeable since they have been airing early episodes on Rewind lately, and Iruka is a big presence in those. From what I’ve been able to find online, Quinton Flynn was unavailable due to recording for Kingdom Hearts 3, and recast by Kyle McCarley.

The episode itself doesn’t have much going for it. The plot is pretty dull, and it feels like they’re killing time with random gags while waiting for the wedding. I don’t like how they reduced Orochimaru to a gag character that Yamato is forced to follow around. Would they seriously expect Orochimaru of all people to record a wedding greeting for Naruto? This body stealing snake was Naruto’s worst enemy for years! It’s too bad they didn’t adapt the Sakura or Kakashi novel, or even the Gaara one which Viz never translated.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Eh, I'm cool with this final arc being low key essentially an epilogue consisting of slice-of-life antics. It's a nice full circle nod to the series premiere which is even referenced in the episode.

Funny Naruto was good practice so all the vandalism that came from the following generations were benign. lol. "And you can rake the leaves and clean the toilets!!!" :D

Using the 'ol reverse psychology on Iruka.

Well, Naruto couldn't deny that keeping your enemies closer and using him to research future threats would help the Leaf and the alliance even when the pardon was for a dirtbag like Orochimaru. I'm sure it caused a lot of controversy, I believe the context of it doesn't really get thorough addressed until the Boruto series.

rofl, a quote from his romance novel.

CNFan1995

Last time on Shippuden: As Naruto and Hinata's wedding day approaches, Kakashi encounters a problem -- if all of Naruto's elite ninja friends attend, the village will be left undefended.
1720935291744.png

Episode 495
A Full-Powered Wedding Gift

Synopsis: As Kakashi tries to find the most reasonable solution to the wedding guest problem, he announces a super-secret mission to find Naruto and Hinata a wedding gift.

NOTE: The animation style of this episode is quite similar to Lee's spin-off, Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth Full Power Ninja Chronicles.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Loved how the animation style went off-kilter on purpose to match the emotions going on with Rock Lee being in a frenzy to find the right gift. Reminded me a little of that Springtime of Youth spin-off speaking of Lee. Neji making a cameo as a ghost (and the counting sheep stuff), crows calling people idiots (guess Demon Slayer didn't start that), and Orochimaru casually walking again added to the absurdity. Basically one big joke about how ninja would struggle with an everyday slice of life task of getting a wedding gift. Hilarious episode. Five more to go.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
We probably won’t get to those episodes until 2028 on Rewind. 2029 if Naruto moves to the main block after Shippuden ends. I think we may end up with an hour each of Sailor Moon and DBZ Kai on Rewind if skipping to the chunin exams doesn’t help Naruto on Friday afternoons.

This is a bizarre episode. The animation for Shippuden is so much better than the original show. Compare this to the minimal movement on last Friday’s episode. I know some people don’t like how expressive and off model some episodes of Shippuden are (the Pain fight is infamous for being divisively animated). Maybe it doesn’t always work in a big battle, but for an off the wall gag episode like this, the wild animation worked well.

Poor Tenten feels hopelessly unromantic in this. She is one of the few from Naruto’s generation to be single even in Boruto. Apparently she spends all her time training and people only associate her with ninja tools like kunai. People who’ve only read the manga think of her as a useless character who never does anything of value after the chunin exams. She has some good moments in anime only episodes though, like the second chunin exams arc. If Rock Lee wasn’t even more monomaniacally focused on training than she is, maybe they should have ended up as a couple.

Apparently there was an official relationship chart made at the time of the Boruto film indicating they were briefly married and Metal is their son. Metal’s mother is never directly stated in the manga, or what I’ve seen of the anime (just the first year that Toonami aired). It isn’t even clear if Rock maybe adopted Metal, in spite of the clear resemblance in design. In the final chapter of Naruto, which Shippuden oddly never adapts, Tenten seemed single when the other characters were clearly paired up.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Boruto/s/xTlg4zMd6A

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last time on Shippuden: As Kakashi tries to find the most reasonable solution to the wedding guest problem, he announces a super-secret mission to find Naruto and Hinata a wedding gift.
steamandfoodpills.jpg

Episode 496
Steam and Food Pills

Synopsis: The super-secret mission to find Naruto and Hinata a wedding gift proves to be difficult for Shikamaru. Choji has found the perfect gift, which adds to Shikamaru's panic. But then Choji mentions something in passing and Shikamaru gets an idea. All he needs now is to enlist Temari's help!

animePWNS

1955-2024
No, not cash, Shikamaru. Did Seinfeld not teach you that's something their uncle would give them?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes, Shikamaru would ponder and ponder the gift. lol.

Hee hee, Temari and Shikamaru were thinking 2 different things. And that sneaky Choji walking off. :D

lmao, Ino and Sakura planned to get the same thing at the same shop. Poor shop owner. Rofl, even sneakier of you, Choji. Tricked them into getting himself an extra meal. :D :D

I really need you scene, lmao.

His face all messed up in the next scene. :D :D

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Funny episode. At least Temari is giving Shikamaru some ideas for his own honeymoon, but he might have delayed his wedding by not being clearer. It’s nice when the anime gives focus to characters like Ino and Choji who don’t get much to do in the manga. Even if Choji is basically a food joke, he served a good role in this episode. I like the idea of him tagging along on a honeymoon dinner because he got a deal. He is so single minded in his hunger that when he walks in on Ino and Sakura comparing chest sizes, all he thinks is how to use their feminine insecurity to eat himself into a food coma.

aegisrawks

I have a theory OG Naruto will air on Midnight Toonami and that's why they skipped to the chunnin exams.

CNFan1995

Last time on Shippuden: The super-secret mission to find Naruto and Hinata a wedding gift proves to be difficult for Shikamaru. Choji has found the perfect gift, which adds to Shikamaru's panic. But then Choji mentions something in passing and Shikamaru gets an idea. All he needs now is to enlist Temari's help!
1723277409560.png

Episode 497
The Kazekage's Wedding Gift
Synopsis: The Tsuchikage and Raikage come to Leaf Village to attend the Five Kage Summit and prepare wedding gifts for Naruto; Gaara finds himself in a dilemma when he must come up with a gift that befits the Kazekage and Kankuro prods him to perform a dance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Such a heartwarming episode. Seeing Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara together thinking of what gift to get, these three have come a long way from their debut on the show. Hilarious they keyed on Temari being uneasy being back and they only get yelled at. :D It was funny seeing them get wrapped up on the gift frenzy and Killer Bee taking it too far so much Kakashi had to tell everyone to keep it in moderation. lol. The imagery with the Hidden Cloud Dance and Hidden Sand Samba, rofl. :D Ooo, and Mist Kage taking Killer Bee down because of his wording, lmao.

Nice little bonus see things are good between Shikamaru and Temari. Even went on a low key date and of course Choji and Ino to be spying on them, heh heh.

Even Teuchi. The daughter making realize they would go broke giving Naruto free ramen for a year. lol. But aww, he decides to give him free ramen for life.

A gift as a friend. Well, looking forward to see what it turns out to be.

Great animation quality, too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Although Walpurgisnacht Rising was completed last year, it was delayed to Winter 2025.
I've always had suspicions that the reason why Shin Chan, Rotten Ralph and The Kids from Room 402 never aired on Toon Disney and in Shin Chan's case the ABC Family Action Block.

Perhaps maybe Disney were that children would replicate the actions of these characters portrayed in these shows?
Was there a pilot dub for a Battle Spirits anime?

Featured Posts