C&C - Naruto Shippuden - "Naruto & Hinata's Wedding" [7/6-8/31] *SERIES FINALE*

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
Another fun episode from this epilogue arc. Interesting how Naruto and Hinata’s relationship is not directly depicted much at all in these post timeskip arcs. There is a lot of talking about Naruto but the man himself has only appeared a few times. You really have to watch the Last movie to know how they got together.

By contrast the Shikamaru and Temari relationship is more developed in the show, with this one following up on the hot springs episode. Ino and Choji seemed busy this week. Not only did they spy on Shikamaru and Temari, they were even shown dining with the Raikage and Killer Bee. They gave Orochimaru at the bar a run for his money for random cameos this week.

I wonder why Tenten kept recoiling whenever someone mentioned love as necessary for marriage. Maybe this was meant to foreshadow that she has a loveless marriage to Rock Lee which produces Metal but ends in divorce. The animators’ love chart indicated this was Metal’s origin, but it was never touched upon in Boruto.

When I saw the Kage were in town, I was expecting a lot of jokes about the Mizukage not being married. I never understood that running gag. She has one of the sexiest designs of any kunoichi in Naruto, but can’t get a good man, even as the leader of a village? However she hardly played a role in the episode with much more focus on Gaara. Since Gaara was one of the first bad guys Naruto befriended, the episode was important for showing that personal bonds are more important than any extravagant gifts.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
When I saw the Kage were in town, I was expecting a lot of jokes about the Mizukage not being married. I never understood that running gag. She has one of the sexiest designs of any kunoichi in Naruto, but can’t get a good man, even as the leader of a village? However she hardly played a role in the episode with much more focus on Gaara. Since Gaara was one of the first bad guys Naruto befriended, the episode was important for showing that personal bonds are more important than any extravagant gifts.
Besides the unmarried woman in the 30s anime trope, I think there were some implied stuff over the years that she's super picky and tends to accidentally kill her prospective husbands - I know there was some line about how she'd 'like a man who can't melt' plus she's borderline mentally unstable.

Maybe there's a bias against her/people intimidated in Mist Village because she uses kekkai genkai? Eh, idk.

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Last time on Shippuden: The Tsuchikage and Raikage come to Leaf Village to attend the Five Kage Summit and prepare wedding gifts for Naruto; Gaara finds himself in a dilemma when he must come up with a gift that befits the Kazekage and Kankuro prods him to perform a dance.

1723876852324.png

OPENING: Empty Heart by Anly
ENDING: Absolutely by Swimy

Episode 498
The Last Mission
Synopsis: Shino and Kiba still don't have a wedding gift for Hinata's wedding; Kiba makes it his goal to become the next Hokage, while Shino faces doubts about his own goal; Shino sets out with Kiba and Akamaru on their final mission as Team 8.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, yes, the running joke of Shino getting cut off.

Sure, of course, of all the girls in the village, the one Kiba crushes on has a talking ninja cat. lol.

lmao, even Akamaru shrugged.

So that's how Shino got the idea to become a teacher. And it was thanks to being around kids like Kiba and Naruto, dealing with bad seeds comes easy to him. :D

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
The anime and novel writers really liked the ninja cat village. It was a one off location from the manga, with Koga’s girlfriend being a minor character who helps Sasuke get supplies in one chapter. The cat ninja girl is still together with Kiba in later Naruto media like the Steam Ninja Scrolls.

Shino is also a character who gets more focus in the anime than the manga. Unfortunately they basically turned him into a running joke about how no one listens to him. Shino is one of the few characters from Naruto’s class not to be paired up with anyone in Boruto; instead of a story about how he met his wife we get a story about him deciding to become a teacher. Not the best episode since Shino is a bit of a bore, but it is nice getting closure on all these characters.

CNFan1995

Last time on Shippuden: Shino and Kiba still don't have a wedding gift for Hinata's wedding; Kiba makes it his goal to become the next Hokage, while Shino faces doubts about his own goal; Shino sets out with Kiba and Akamaru on their final mission as Team 8.
1724505787030.png

Episode 499
The Outcome of the Secret Mission
Synopsis: As the wedding day approaches each of Naruto's friends readies a gift; no one expects their mission's true purpose -- the gifts will be judged to select who can attend the wedding reception; Kakashi begins to doubt the plan.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Makes sense Konohamaru would be the one to learn the truth and blab it to everyone. lol.

Iruka thinking Naruto screwed up. :D

There it is, just ask the other villages to lend out their shinobi. Problem solved.

And then there was one episode left.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
A bit of a slow episode since the issue seemed contrived. The leaf village doesn’t have security outside of Naruto’s handful of classmates? What happened to ANBU and the older ninja? The resolution of having other villages brought in makes sense, because Naruto is seen as an international hero by this point. Naruto is the ultimate underdog story, a character who went from being hated by his own village to being the hero of the world.

CNFan1995

Last time on Shippuden: As the wedding day approaches each of Naruto's friends readies a gift; no one expects their mission's true purpose -- the gifts will be judged to select who can attend the wedding reception; Kakashi begins to doubt the plan.
1725087714398.png

Episode 500
The Message
Synopsis: As Naruto's wedding nears, Iruka begins to lose sight of what he was to Naruto, and becomes unsure of what to say for his message; Naruto and Hinata tie the knot.

So Long Naruto: Shippuden.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Staff member
Reporter
No comments from TOM during the intro of Toonami. We may receive no acknowledgement of Shippuden ending during tonight’s block. Hopefully we at a minimum get a final round of bumpers with clips from the final episode…

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So tonight, after losing Pokemon, Star Wars, and Family Guy, Cartoon Network will finally achieve something that Disney could not...

Air Naruto Shippuden in its entirety.

Nobodyman

I've safely avoided this show's run since, truth be told, I don't really like Naruto post-time skip, and I've read the manga so I know how it all goes anyway. But, since I did watch most of OG Naruto and some of Shippuden back in the day, and since this is quite the achievement for Toonami to have aired the entire series, I think I'll tune in and comment tonight.

Also, to crunch some numbers, Naruto Shippuden technically began its English broadcast in October 2009 on Disney XD, but, of course, didn't finish its run there. Shippuden then started again from episode 1 on Toonami way back in January 2014. So, the entire English broadcast of Shippuden has been 10 or 15 years in the making, depending on how you look at it.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Just popping in to acknowledge this important moment in Toonami history.

Sayonara, Naruto Uzumaki.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts