"Comfort Cartoons" and "Comfort Characters"

Sparklefan1234

Tangled Sparkle Duck
What are some shows and characters you consider "comfortable"

that you can watch any time because they bring you joy?

Some of my all-time favorite shows to watch when I want to feel happy include:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Unikitty!

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

The Ghost and Molly McGee

---

Some of my all-time favorite "comfort characters" are:

Twilight Sparkle from "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

Rapunzel from "Tangled"

Della Duck from "DuckTales" (2017)

Unikitty from "Unikitty!"

Molly McGee from "The Ghost and Molly McGee"

Last edited:

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Well, I would estimate that about 98% of everything I watch is preschool shows, and 3 of them are mine.

Bluey, Elinor Wonders Why, and Rosie's Rules.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
Usually when I’m feeling down I watch a Mickey Mouse cartoon on Disney +. I also look up old Cartoon Network commercials, especially Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. It just brings me back to a better time.

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
If by comfort you mean in the same way as comfort food, where it's something you love to eat after a rough time that's not necessarily doing you any good but just makes you happy...

I would say my shortlist of shows would consist of Home Movies, Ed Edd n Eddy and Rescue Rangers. For the latter two, Edd and Gadget would qualify as comfort characters where I just fill with glee every second they're on screen. For Home Movies, I find pretty much every character mellows me put in the same way a chill podcast would.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Looney Tunes has always been able to put a smile on face, no matter how badly my ego's been kicked around the block. Seeing the Tunes, especially Bugs and/or Daffy, always makes my day.

Lately one thing that's been giving me comfort is re-watching old Cartoon Network bumpers and promos on YouTube. I didn't watch nor was I into everything on CN, but the channel's art style, its' promos and general vibe in its' heyday were so awesome.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Lately one thing that's been giving me comfort is re-watching old Cartoon Network bumpers and promos on YouTube. I didn't watch nor was I into everything on CN, but the channel's art style, its' promos and general vibe in its' heyday were so awesome.
Yeah, me too. I watched them almost every day, including CCF/Fridays stuff.

Oh, and also early Adult Swim, too.

Last edited:

Mejo

Jukebox Bird
Most cartoons from the Golden Age of Animation are "Comfortable" to me, with a few exceptions. Like Silverstar said, most are hilarious with great music, beautiful animation and wonderful voices. Not all of the cartoons are great, of course. Some are mid and others are just plain horrible, but the best holds up extremely well and is just brilliant. Some of my personal favorites are Looney Tunes, Popeye, MGM Cartoons, Pre-1970 H-B, Terrytoons, Walter Lantz Cartoons, Betty Boop, Van Beuren, Jay Ward, Total Television, Disney, the list really just goes on.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
My number one comfort cartoon became Moomin 1990 a few years ago when it was put on YouTube. Though some American cartoons like Summer Camp Island and Harvey Beaks are pretty comfortable, I found Moomin one of the most relaxing experiences. The characters, themes, and world are strange but brilliant, and the soundtrack is so peaceful it’s unbelievable. I’m frustrated that neither the 1990 or 2019 Moomin series have seen a proper release in the US, When I finally experienced Moomin and learned about author Tove Jansson, I wondered where has this show been all my life?

There is also Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat having just rediscovered it, and Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Hilda, Harvey Beaks, Summer Camp Island, and recently I found myself seeing Let’s Go Luna, and Elinor Wonders Why.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts