"Comicstorian" has passed away

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
One of the biggest (possibly THE biggest) Youtube profiles on American comics, "Comicstorian" (aka Ben Potter), died in an accident earlier this week.

A couple days ago, his wife announced on Twitter that he had passed away.

Here's his last video, from just a few days ago. Just two days later, he would be gone.

I watch his videos occasionally. He had a lot of good thoughts and counter points on the debate of "Manga is beating American comics in sales" (he enjoyed both, for the record). I'm posting this here as it's a massive blow to comic book discussion on Youtube.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I saw this on Inside Edition yesterday. It gave me a shock. I'm not a loyal watcher but I've still seen so much of him in the past 5 years or more. Always seeing a related thumbnail being recommended to me, or in my subscriptions. My condolences definitely go out to his family. I thought he always seemed upbeat and spirited, even when discussing something he didn't particularly love. These situations are always tragic.

His related channels and Cartoonist Kayfabe were the big comic youtube stuff that was always coming my way, so everything feels surreal.

Screenshot_20240612_130116_YouTube.jpg

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
I've never heard of him because I'm not much of a comics guy but that really sucks. It's just a reminder that any of us can go at any time. (shudder)

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
RIP to the man, I watched his videos from time to time and they helped me understand the comics better. Sad to hear this news gone way too soon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts