Despicable Me 4 pre-release discussion

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
The trailer just dropped:
I always had the theory that Gru and Lucy would have a baby in this one. I also had the theory that the baby would turn evil. Hmmm. Only time will tell on that one.

Pooky

Staff member
I kind of guessed Vector would be back in this one, but it looks like I'm wrong about that.

I thought the villain was JCVD's character from Rise of Gru for a sec, but apparently it's Will Ferrel doing what sounds like a French accent.

Is that Otto at the start? I don't think it is but it's kind of odd that he and Bob are in the 60s/70s set prequels, but not in the modern day movies. Where are they?

Come to that, where's Dru? Maybe he will have a subplot that isn't being revealed yet.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
Well it’s official, gru did the thing a thing and is now a bio dad to a son. I was afraid it was gonna happen, but it was inevitable. I love Gru and I have a off again on again relationship to this franchise. Adored the first movie and the second minions movie. The rest…ehhh. I haven’t even seen the third movie and I refuse to. But after loving rise of gru who knows maybe I’d like this one. It’s just absolute insanity how much would have to be crammed in here. Lucy, minions, the baby, the girls, and gru. They’re all so big. Makes me wonder if nefario will be back. It’s already over bloated. Imo the franchise went off the rails long ago, but it’s one of the most financially successful ones of all time which is just crazy in of itself. So, I shall be watching.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Gru And The Minions Return: Illumination Releases “Despicable Me 4” Trailer"​

Despicable-Me-4.webp

"Not resting after releasing The Super Mario Bros. Movie and Migration in the last 10 months, Illumination just released a trailer for Despicable Me 4, which is set to be released in theaters on July 3rd.

In the latest installment, according to the official synopsis released by Illumination, Gru (Steve Carrell) and Lucy (Kristen Wiig) welcome a new member to the family, Gru Jr., intent on tormenting his dad, which will add on to their three adoptive daughters, Margo (Miranda Cosgrove), Edith (Dana Gaier), and Agnes (Madison Polan)."

Read the full article here.

Anyone looking forward to another round with Gru and the Minions?!?

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

I watched Despicable Me 3 on Netflix years ago, and aside from Steve Carell's incessantly shrill voice as Gru's brother, I couldn't tell you what else happened. I'm kind of in disbelief that they're making a fourth, but no, I'm not, because that's their Minion shaped cash cow. It looks fine enough.

If Generation Z memes this movie like they did with Rise of Gru and get dressed to the nines to see it, maybe it'll all be worth it. I'm sure families and little ones won't mind.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
What type of trailer was that? Is this Despicable Me 4 or Minions 3? Because like Gru was absent for most of the trailer…

harry580

What type of trailer was that? Is this Despicable Me 4 or Minions 3? Because like Gru was absent for most of the trailer…
or a mash up, I hope the movie is about gru villains from past. present reunited to get revenge on gru

Pooky

Staff member
Is putting the Minions in AVL Business suits a nod to the Gentleminions TikTok trend, or an attempt to get it going again?

As far as Minion gimmicks go "Mega Minions" is definitely a step up from "Prison Minions" from DS3 but not as cute as "Inner Beast Minions" from Rise of Gru.

The final bit around the dinner table doesn't really make sense unless you've picked up certain plot points from some of the other publicity material. It's kind of odd

Pooky

Staff member
Yeah I didn’t get that. Can you explain?

I'm not even 100% sure, but from some of the TV spots I got the impression that
Gru and his family go into some kind of witness protection program due to this new villain having a vendetta against Gru

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts