Discovery Family will no longer air any MLP or EG content on weekends starting July 2024

FirePuppy

With Summer Camp Island replacing all My Little Pony content on weekends on Discovery Family starting this July, that means the channel will no longer be airing any MLP content of any kind whatsoever on weekends, including all Equestria Girls movies or specials. Discovery is doing this probably because they want to end their contract with Hasbro sooner than ever (they still have 7-9 months left), and for the fact that everything is already on YouTube and KiDoodle TV.

Either way, here's all the last broadcast dates for all the EG specials on Discovery Family through June 2024 that I know of:
  • Equestria Girls 1 - May 26, 2024
  • Rainbow Rocks - April 14, 2024
  • Rainbow Rocks shorts - June 29, 2024 (1:30 p.m.)
  • Friendship Games - May 4, 2024
  • Friendship Games shorts - June 29, 2024 (1:00 p.m.)
  • Legend of Everfree - April 28, 2024
  • Dance Magic - June 15, 2024 (1:30 p.m.)
  • Movie Magic - June 23, 2024 (1:00 p.m.)
  • Mirror Magic - June 23, 2024 (1:30 p.m.)
  • Forgotten Friendship - June 9, 2024
  • Rollercoaster of Friendship - June 8, 2024
  • Spring Breakdown - June 30, 2024
  • Sunset's Backstage Pass - June 1, 2024
  • Holidays Unwrapped - January 1, 2024 (3:00 a.m.)
The weekend schedule for Discovery Family starting in July 2024 will consist of:
  • 6:00 AM - The Adventures of Chuck and Friends
  • 7:00 AM - Hanni and the Wild Woods
  • 8:00 AM - Pound Puppies
  • 8:30 AM - Petronix Defenders
  • 9:00 AM - S.M.A.S.H!
  • 9:30 AM - Paddington Bear
  • 10:30 AM - The Smurfs
  • 11:30 AM - The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
  • 12:30 PM - Looney Tunes
  • 1:00 PM - Summer Camp Island (ending at 2:00 PM)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I actually don't care about G4 or Equestria Girls, but I really love G3 and I liked catching the G3 specials once in a while. Still not a huge loss, they didn't air a lot of them and I think I have all the ones they did air on DVD, but it was still nice watching them on there once in a while.

Stumpos

With Summer Camp Island replacing all My Little Pony content on weekends on Discovery Family starting this July, that means the channel will no longer be airing any MLP content of any kind whatsoever on weekends, including all Equestria Girls movies or specials. Discovery is doing this probably because they want to end their contract with Hasbro sooner than ever (they still have 7-9 months left), and for the fact that everything is already on YouTube and KiDoodle TV.
Then why is Pound Puppies still airing on weekends considering Hasbro owns that too?

FirePuppy

Then why is Pound Puppies still airing on weekends considering Hasbro owns that too?
No clue. The same reason for The Adventures of Chuck and Friends. But what I do know is that Discovery Family will have to let go of all of Hasbro's shows someday within the next 7-9 months (so far, no shows owned by Hasbro have been permanently removed in 2024).

BrovivoReturnal

Either way, here's all the last broadcast dates for all the EG specials on Discovery Family through June 2024 that I know of:
The weekend schedule for Discovery Family starting in July 2024 will consist of:
Y'all should add that Summer Camp Island will be also replacing normal MLP reruns at 3pm hour on weekdays, along with normal non-kids programming at 4pm hour also on weekdays.

Stumpos

Y'all should add that Summer Camp Island will be also replacing normal MLP reruns at 3pm hour on weekdays, along with normal non-kids programming at 4pm hour also on weekdays.
Well, at least Discovery Family's gaining another hour for animation and Summer Camp Island's getting soome exposure after being removed from Max and treated badly by Cartoon Network.

Still the fact they're now resorting to airing Cartoon Network originals on the channel shows how redundant Discovery Family's become by now. By the time the Hasbro contract ends in March next year, it's just gonna be Boomerang 2.0. That is assuming Discovery Family didn't just shut down then and there right after the Hasbro contract ended.

Discovery Family should kick out hasbro after all their hasbro stuff is exterminated and would become a JV with Groupe M6 (just a thought)

Stumpos

And Habsro desperately must find a new partner.
Technically they are partnered with multiple networks for newer productions right now. Paramount for GI Joe and newer Transformers stuff like Earthspark & One and Netflix for MLP Gen 5 and Power Rangers.

FirePuppy

Technically they are partnered with multiple networks for newer productions right now. Paramount for GI Joe and newer Transformers stuff like Earthspark & One and Netflix for MLP Gen 5 and Power Rangers.
For Generation 4, I meant.

Stumpos

Yes, I get that. But I want the broadcasting/streaming rights to move from Discovery Family to somewhere else.
G4 is already on Netflix and KiDoodle TV.

Plus every episode is on YouTube with Hasbro allowing it on the official MLP YouTube channel:

FirePuppy

G4 is already on Netflix and KiDoodle TV.

Plus every episode is on YouTube with Hasbro allowing it on the official MLP YouTube channel:

Only the first four seasons are on Netflix, not the whole series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts