Disney animated movies that could have worked as a series

zoombie

What animated Disney movies that never got a TV series spinoff could have worked with a spinoff animated series.

Before I get to the subject at hand, let me quickly talk about a couple of them that did, Aladdin works great, despite no Jafar but still works, it has that period when Aladdin and Jasmine are engaged but not married yet, that you could do a series in that time line. The Little Mermaid doesn't in my opinion, the story has such as beginning, middle, and end, post happily ever after series rarely work, nor a prequel, I am not interested in Arial's life pre movie. But that is just my opinion. And to the two Lion King based shows count as either focused on Simba?

Anyway let's start, obviously The Incredibles, this super hero family going on adventures, why wouldn't that work as a series. Why that never happened I will never understand.

The Rescuers, the premise works here, weather you want to do pre Down Under or post Down Under with Bernard and Bianca's relationship status either being engaged or not doesn't matter to me. As we saw with Aladdin it could with "engaged" characters. I already have a couple of voice actors in mind for the leads if this was made in the 90's. Jim Cummings and Tress MacNelle, with Rob Paulsen as Ornville.

Speaking of, Oliver and Company, it is a rare case of post happily ever after placement working. And yes in my mind Oliver and Company is in the same universe as The Rescuers, fight me on it, so crossovers with The Rescuers, even if you don't do a series, an episode of The Rescuers with these characters in it, is good enough for me.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think I remember reading somewhere that there was supposed to be an Aristocats show. I would have liked to see that.

I remember a criticism of Raya and the Last Dragon was that it would have worked better as a series instead of just a movie, and I still agree. I know I wasn't talking about a "spinoff", but maybeee a retelling/re-imagining of the movie as a whole series that goes more in-depth about the world and characters could be interesting?

Petran Markou

I am surprised Mulan did not get a tv adaptation. It offers so much source material both history and mythology related.

Pocahontas could have worked in a similar fashion, exploring the cultures of the Americas.

At least Tarzan tv series tries to adapt part of the other novels

harry580

hear me out, Atlantis!, if disney can get to know princess and the frog (a film that bombed at the box office), why not Atlantis

Johntoonfan05

Here are some of mine....

The Aristocats
Oliver and Company
Pocahontas
Mulan
Atlantis the Lost Empire (Before the sequel existed Atlantis was meant to be a TV Show called Team Atlantis)
Meet the Robinsons
Raya and the Last Dragon
Strange World
Incredibles

cheril59

I vote Robin Hood! There's bound to be some adventures with him and his Merry Men, not to mention little ol' Skippy and his gang. Could take place after Robin and Marian's marriage I guess.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts