Do you know any kids that watch cartoons and if so what do they watch?

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I’m wondering if you personally know any kids that watch cartoons and if they do what kinds of cartoons do they watch?

Personally everyone in my family is an adult now and I’m probably the only one to still watch cartoons aimed at kids. Also I’m almost never around with kids 12 and under anymore since I was in Middle School 11 years ago. So I’m not too aware of what kinds of cartoons kids are into around my area by Sacramento, CA. When I was in elementary and middle school, Nick and Cartoon Network shows in general were the most popular with kids. When I was in high school and college, cartoons such as Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Young Justice, and Rick & Morty Were popular. My Little Pony: Frienship is Magic was also popular in certain circles. Predictably Legend of Korra was the only 2010’s Nicktoon that was any popular at my high school and college which isn’t too surprising.

Other than that I’ve passed by a lot of kids with Paw Patrol, Sofia the First, and PJ Masks merch etc. SpongeBob used to be very popular when I was in elementary school but while there are probably still plenty of kids in my area that watch it, I think more kids are into YouTube videos nowadays as their main source of entertainment.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Personally, no. My family are adults (including me and my sisters), but my younger sister and I do watch cartoons and kids shows. Thought, for me, not a regular basis anymore.

I remember back when I was in elementary school, SpongeBob was very popular and I used to be a huge fan of that show. Then in middle school, Adventure Time and Regular Show were very popular. I remember kids in my area talked about it sometimes.

High school on the other hand? It is a completely different story, and I'm not going to get in to that.

At least in college, people talking about cartoons and anime on numerous occasions.

Other than that, I'd passed by a handful of kids wearing Paw Patrol and Disney Princess merch. Not to mention they watch stuff on YouTube on their mommy's or daddy's phones.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I work at an elementary school so I’m around kids all day. I’ve never specifically ask anyone what they watch but I do hear kids talking about cartoons. For example the other day I heard a girl (I think 4th grade) say that someone she knows has 12 kids in their family and her friend remarked that’s like The Loud House.

A few months ago a girl in the special needs class was bugging her teacher about how she wanted a “deer-fox” and the teacher told her to stop making up stuff. I told the teacher that it was from a cartoon and the next day the girl had a printed out picture of Twig. Presumably she watches Hilda.

As for merchandise, I can’t take two steps without running into someone with a Paw Patrol backpack, lunchbox, shirt, etc. particularly in the younger grades. I’ve also kind of noticed a lot of The Simpsons lately, and mostly with girls. Oh yeah, I saw a 3rd grader with a Dexter’s Lab shirt the other day. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
My niece of 8 is really into dinosaurs so she likes Camp Cretaceous. She's also started watching TMNT (2012 version, I think). Also loves Looney Tunes and Disney animation in general. There's probably other stuff but those are the main ones I know.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts