Does anyone remember the days when CN had a Friday midnight/early saturday morning lineup until 2007?

Santana434

I know I don't wanna bring up about the past. But does anyone remember When CN used to air shows during friday late nights/early saturday mornings. Because that was back when Adult swim only air 6 days a week. Those graveyard timeslots are actually used for shows that are no longer showing regularly as well as airing anime on there too. But it really went downhill for me around fall 2005 because it was mainly nothing but an encore of the Fridays block and all of those shows already airing in alot of good timeslots. Anyways, this midnight schedule is probably the best example.
June 19,2004 Schedule
12:00am Evil Con Carne Evil on Trial / The Smell of Vengeance
12:30am Courage the Cowardly Dog Muriel Blows Up / Profiles in Courage
1:00am .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet New Series! The Legendary Hero New '05
1:30am Cyborg 009 Little Visitors New '05
2:00am Dexter's Laboratory Paper Route Bout / The Old Switcharooms / Trick or Treehouse
2:30am What's New, Scooby-Doo? Mummy Scares Best
3:00am Ed, Edd n Eddy It Came from Outer Ed / 3 Squares and an Ed
3:30am The Powerpuff Girls Forced Kin
4:00am Courage the Cowardly Dog Bride of the Swamp Monster / Goat Pain
4:30am Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! That's Snow Ghost
5:00am The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo Reflections in a Ghoulish Eye
5:30am A Pup Named Scooby-Doo Story Stick

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Was busy watching [as] Fix, and even not counting that I rarely chose CN for late night watching.

Micahel Cataldo

Here's my favorite Friday midnight/early Saturday morning lineup for CN:
12:00am Gumby
12:30am Hong Kong Phooey
1:00am The Gary Coleman Show
1:30am The Super Globetrotters
2:00am Jabberjaw
2:30am The Banana Splits
3:00am Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch
3:30am Devlin
4:00am Speed Buggy
4:30am Funky Phantom
5:00am Fangface
5:30am Inch High, Private Eye

mqg96

I was there in 2002 when AS was only 2 nights a week which meant CN was 24 hours for 5 times a week, and in 2003 when AS became 5 times a week, the only nights CN was 24 hours was Friday nights/Saturday mornings and Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. They knew kids didn't have school the next day so the timing was perfect. That was my favorite, and because I was a little kid back then, I didn't notice adult swim existed for awhile as a result.... because it started at 11pm only a couple times a week, or I was already in bed due to school being the next day. Between 2004 and 2007 you still had Fridays going all the way thru the night, but I wished Saturdays still had longer nights like it did in 2003... and you're correct, the Fridays lineup really started to decline towards the end of its run especially past midnight.

wiley207

I sure do. That was pretty much the only time any pre-1990s Scooby-Doo aired on Cartoon Network during the City era; that and "Tom and Jerry" were soon the only classic content left on CN during said era. The great variety the channel once had was gone by that point. (The Scooby-Doo aspect is also ironic; in the late 1990s and early 2000s people criticized the channel for being the "Scooby-Doo Network" at times, but come the City era they started to work their way to being a "Scooby-FREE Network".)

Santana434

I sure do. That was pretty much the only time any pre-1990s Scooby-Doo aired on Cartoon Network during the City era; that and "Tom and Jerry" were soon the only classic content left on CN during said era. The great variety the channel once had was gone by that point. (The Scooby-Doo aspect is also ironic; in the late 1990s and early 2000s people criticized the channel for being the "Scooby-Doo Network" at times, but come the City era they started to work their way to being a "Scooby-FREE Network".)
Dang, that would explain why there was very little scooby doo Content during the Yes era. Because I always know they always showed the Scooby-Doo DTV movies every single day that time, while the only SD related show is a Pup named Scooby-Doo. Then when the Fall era came(Which was CN downfall actually) it started to get Scooby-Doo Network at times again. Most notably What’s New Scooby-Doo.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts