wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Dynamite Gets Dangerous With Dynamic Darkwing Duck Collection"​

fnpwqpsp.jpg

"For the past two years Dynamite Entertainment has been reviving Darkwing Duck with a new comic book series and assorted spinoffs. If you’re been “waiting for the trades” on this one, now’s the time: a crowdfunding campaign just launched to collect it all together — and then some.

The Kickstarter page boldly declares “DARKWING DUCK COMPLETE COMIC COLLECTION” and describes “omnibus-sized volumes,” which got me excited for a second. Darkwing has had more comic book pages devoted to him than any other Disney Afternoon character. There were a whopping 35 Darkwing stories in Disney Adventures Magazine, Marvel’s “Disney Afternoon” comic book was mostly Darkwing-centric, and then you have the two revivals from Boom Studios and most recently Dynamite. Was someone really collecting ALL this together? If so, take my money, fellas!

….But it’s not true. This is primarily meant to collect the Dynamite run (so far) with the added-on cherry of the Marvel Darkwing comics and the two graphic novel adaptions of episodes “Darkly Dawns The Duck” and “Just Us Justice Ducks.” Those will be republished in the first volume, while the Dynamite stuff will take up two more volumes.

If we had to take a guess, the incomplete-ness of this might have something to do with Fantagraphics holding the rights to the Disney Adventures comics as part of their “Disney Afternoon” reprint collections. Those are not specifically Darkwing-centered but you can find a lot of the DA Darkwing comics within the four volumes that have been published. Due to circumstance, that may be as close as we can get."

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts