February, 2024--What Did You Buy This Month: Live-Action DVD/Blu-Ray/4K

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what we have for this month:

Recent Theatrical/Streamed Releases (Combo)

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes (Combo & 4K)
Hypnotic
The Marvels (Combo & 4K)
Priscilla
Ticket to Paradise (Combo & 4K)
Wonka (Combo & 4K)

Live-Action TV on DVD/Blu-Ray

Fear The Walking Dead: Season 8 (DVD & Blu-Ray)
The Really Loud House: Season 1
Smallville: Complete Series (Blu-Ray)

New on Blu-Ray

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

New on 4K

Bloodrayne (2005)
BBC's Planet Earth III (2023)
Footloose: 40th Anniversary (1984)
Beverly Hills Cop III (1994)
Darkman (1990)
The Last Castle (2001)
Leviathan (1989)
Platoon (1986)
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957)

So, what's everyone gonna get this month?

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I recently received The Bob Newhart Show: Complete Series in the Mail from Amazon. Since the Hulu streaming app doesn't show it anymore, I felt it was high time I got it. I still love all the Christmas episodes. Oh, & long live the cute MTM kitty logo.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Just got a couple of things

• Foreign Correspondent- Not one of my favorite Hitchcock films, but still nice to have and yet another cheap Criterion.
  • E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial- Anyone ever heard of this one? Got the recent 40th anniversary release for under $5.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
One of my shops got a score of classics in. A bunch of Criterions, Kinos, some Warner Archives, even a few box sets. I had to stop with just three things, two Criterions and a "regular" Blu.

• Bringing Up Baby
  • Cat People
  • Pillow Talk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Doing a few Disney Movie Club runs before they go out of business. First run is this month. For live-action I got:

Honey I Blew Up The Kid
The Santa Clause 3 Movie Collection
The Parent Trap (1998)
Freaky Friday (1977)
Freaky Friday (2003)
Herbie 4-Movie Collection
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Fargo: Season 2
Fargo: Season 3
The Sound Of Music
Garfield 2 Movie Collection
Alvin And The Chipmunks 4 Movie Collection

Pooky

Staff member
The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary 3D Blu-ray 3-Disc Set

Yes you read that right, I'm one of those weirdos that likes 3D. Weirder still I watch 3D Blu-Rays. Weirder still I only bought a 3D TV two years ago (got it off ebay after a previous TV went kaput)

Anyways, the 3D conversion works well here and in terms of extras it's pretty much a model of how to do a big anniversary blow out edition; vintage promotional radio broadcasts, several earlier silent movies (and one animated short) based on the Oz books and documentaries and featurettes out the wazoo. Even the TV movie The Dreamer of Oz starring John Ritter! Apparently most of the features were carried over from the 2009 70th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray, but that doesn't change my assessment.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Went back to the shop that had a bunch of classics, which lost a couple I was really interested in (most notably Lifeboat) but traded them for a bunch of new titles. I walked out with:

• Shadow of the Thin Man- On the one hand, the franchise peaked with second entry After the Thin Man. Which is how I talked myself into not finishing the series, despite all six films being available (this is 4 of 6).
  • The Third Man- Been wanting this for a while, and this is probably the best price I've seen for this classic. Orson Welles is unforgettable here.
  • Satanic Rites of Dracula- There were a few different Hammer titles, but this has been high on my rewatch list. It was between this or Curse of Frankenstein, but I've always been a bigger fan of the Count.
  • Barbie- Yes, I like new movies too, and I'm glad to have picked it up for a reasonable price,

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts