Funny Feeling About The Future Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse Series

TsWade2

Hi,
I hope I don't get obsessed about it, but since The Wonderful Fall Of Mickey Mouse is coming this fall, I'm having a funny feeling that this might be the last special or short (whatever they call it) of Paul Rudish version of Mickey Mouse. I didn't hear any news and rumors saying Paul Rudish's next project for Mickey Mouse and friends. So I'm feeling this might be the end of the run of Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse series. Of course, I can always rewatch them on DisneyPlus and they always be there, but I'm not sure they'll be anymore projects of Mickey Mouse made by Paul Rudish. If it is the end, then I should make a thank you note to Paul Rudish and his crew for making those fantastic and funny Mickey Mouse shorts. Of course, since WDAS is finally bringing back hand drawn animation (Believe it or not), I suppose they might make some new shorts starring Mickey Mouse and friends. Maybe similar to Mickey Mouse Works or Looney Tunes Cartoons from HBO Max. Although it may takes some time for WDAS to get back on track on hand drawn animation. Yes, Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse shorts and The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse will always be on DisneyPlus, but I'm not so sure if I'm ready for Disney giving up on Paul Rudish and his crew for making more projects of Mickey Mouse and friends. Again, I hope I don't get obsessed about it like I did on DVDizzy! YIKES! :eek:

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Until or unless you see, hear or read something official, assume nothing. Don't let a "funny feeling" take up rent-free space in your head, especially when there's no solid evidence to support it.

And even if there won't be any more Rudish Mickey shorts after The Wonderful Fall (or Autumn) of Mickey Mouse, it won't be the end of the world. ALL shows end at some point; I'm an old enough animation fan to have seen plenty of good cartoons go away; it sucks when good toons come to an end, but you look for legal ways to rewatch them, cherish the fond memories they've given you, but the toys, clothes, posters and assorted merch (if there is any) and eventually you'll find something else to watch. Circle of Life.

Myself, I'd like to see Disney apply that same level of wacky humor and anarchic glee to all Mickey projects, not just the Rudish shorts; there's no reason that Mickey Mouse can only be funny and zany in one project by only one producer. If anything the Rudish shorts have proven that Mickey can be more than just a lovable mascot, a corporate logo or a bland straight man. Why can't he be funny everywhere? But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

TsWade2

Until or unless you see, hear or read something official, assume nothing. Don't let a "funny feeling" take up rent-free space in your head, especially when there's no solid evidence to support it.

And even if there won't be any more Rudish Mickey shorts after The Wonderful Fall (or Autumn) of Mickey Mouse, it won't be the end of the world. ALL shows end at some point; I'm an old enough animation fan to have seen plenty of good cartoons go away; it sucks when good toons come to an end, but you look for legal ways to rewatch them, cherish the fond memories they've given you, but the toys, clothes, posters and assorted merch (if there is any) and eventually you'll find something else to watch. Circle of Life.

Myself, I'd like to see Disney apply that same level of wacky humor and anarchic glee to all Mickey projects, not just the Rudish shorts; there's no reason that Mickey Mouse can only be funny and zany in one project by only one producer. If anything the Rudish shorts have proven that Mickey can be more than just a lovable mascot, a corporate logo or a bland straight man. Why can't he be funny everywhere? But that's just my opinion.
Of course. I'll try my best not to expect it, but hey! I can dream can't I?

Stumpos

I'd just like more non-preschool shows with the classic Disney characters. You know like how we had DuckTales 2017 and the Rudish Mickey Mouse shorts as successful attempts at being more than just kiddie fare. It'd be nice getting more of that.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I could see Rudish leaving Disney to pursue other cartoons (maybe he could direct that Popeye movie being made at King Features), and WDAS could make new Mickey Mouse and Friends shorts as soon as their staff have been trained to do 2D animation.

TsWade2

I could see Rudish leaving Disney to pursue other cartoons (maybe he could direct that Popeye movie being made at King Features), and WDAS could make new Mickey Mouse and Friends shorts as soon as their staff have been trained to do 2D animation.
Of course, it might take some time, though.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I'll be having a nice family barbecue tomorrow to celebrate. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts