Hamster And Gretel (New Series From Dan Povenmire)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There's a new Disney Channel show being created by Dan Povenmire, best known for co-creating Phineas And Ferb and Milo Murphy's Law. It's called Hamster And Gretel.

"The Disney Channel has greenlit the music-filled Hamster & Gretel which introduces Kevin and his younger sister Gretel. The two are about to be bestowed super powers by space aliens — but something goes awry. Gretel and her pet hamster (named Hamster) receive new abilities. Now, protective older brother Kevin must figure out how to work with both Gretel and her pet Hamster to protect their city from mysterious dangers. All is explained in Dan Povenmire’s elevator pitch above."

Light Lucario

Staff member
So, I guess this confirms that MML is not coming back since their creators are busy with other projects.
Admittedly, the chances of MML coming back were pretty minimal to begin with. As much as I like the series, it didn't really gather a huge following and the numbers on Disney+ might not have made higher ups think that it warranted a new season. I think that they could still potentially make a special for it as a way to give the series a better sendoff, but even that might be too optimistic.

As for this new show, it sound fun and it could be funny. I would imagine that the characters will look more polish in the actual series. Kevin looks way too much like Jeremy too, although that isn't really a problem exactly. It just kind of threw me off when I first watched the video.

Mr.O

Admittedly, the chances of MML coming back were pretty minimal to begin with. As much as I like the series, it didn't really gather a huge following and the numbers on Disney+ might not have made higher ups think that it warranted a new season. I think that they could still potentially make a special for it as a way to give the series a better sendoff, but even that might be too optimistic.

As for this new show, it sound fun and it could be funny. I would imagine that the characters will look more polish in the actual series. Kevin looks way too much like Jeremy too, although that isn't really a problem exactly. It just kind of threw me off when I first watched the video.
Some say that MML's problem was that it came out too soon after P&F. So, quite a few people were either still in P&F fatigue, or directly comparing MML to it. That's at least the general theory I've been seeing to explain the ratings problems, seeing as MML was a pretty solid show.

I do wonder if Hamster and Gretel is coming out to soon as well.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Some say that MML's problem was that it came out too soon after P&F. So, quite a few people were either still in P&F fatigue, or directly comparing MML to it. That's at least the general theory I've been seeing to explain the ratings problems, seeing as MML was a pretty solid show.

I do wonder if Hamster and Gretel is coming out to soon as well.
No, I think Hamster And Gretel is coming out at a good time. The pitch was recently accepted, and it will probably be at least 2-3 years before the show makes it to the air. That's at least 3-4 years after Milo Murphy's Law ended.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Look... I may not be a huge fan of P&F (save for the Doof and Perry moments, those were great when I watched them); I proudly admit I enjoyed MML far more (and forget the detractors/haters, especially those comparing said High Tier show to P&F unfairly to begin with!), honestly.

I can't, unfortunately, see whats in front of us here topping either show. At least not yet, that is. All I know is that this is gonna need to be firing on all cylinders in the humor department like the two shows before it from this guy did. THAT... Should NOT be a problem, knowing who's making it, hopefully.

Too bad I don't know how serious you can get with this premise, which is my real concern here.

Mr.O

Look... I may not be a huge fan of P&F (save for the Doof and Perry moments, those were great when I watched them); I proudly admit I enjoyed MML far more (and forget the detractors/haters, especially those comparing said High Tier show to P&F unfairly to begin with!), honestly.

I can't, unfortunately, see whats in front of us here topping either show. At least not yet, that is. All I know is that this is gonna need to be firing on all cylinders in the humor department like the two shows before it from this guy did. THAT... Should NOT be a problem, knowing who's making it, hopefully.

Too bad I don't know how serious you can get with this premise, which is my real concern here.
I'll admit, the premise does seem a bit basic and flimsy, if you ask me. But, like you mentioned, if anyone can make it work, Dan could. That doesn't guarantee that it will be good, but there are few others I'd think could pull it off.

Chevistian C

Dan Povenmire Uploaded A Background Of Gretel and Kevin's Neighboorhood on Instagram Stories
1622679304155.png

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts