How does anyone feel about Disney XD these days?

Santana434

Honestly in my opinion back when Disney XD came out in 2009, alot of people was upset that toon disney/Jetix was gone back of being replaced by Disney XD. Tbh, I felt like Toon Disney's prime was 1998-2004. When Jetix first came out, back in 2004 it was originally a weeknight block for just 2 or 3 hours , but after that it slowly and slowly taken up more of TD's schedule as time goes on, 2006 is where is started taking up more. But anyways, while Disney XD has its problems at the beginning, I thought the channel at least has alot more variety during its early years, but people said the scheduling did get better later on. But right now, the channel is crap now, its mainly reruns of disney channel shows and No Disney XD original programming sadly. I felt like this channel is on autopilot just like Nicktoons channel. But anyways, how does anyone feel about Disney XD right now, should it be discontinued or stay alive?

GRPHX

I don't think it makes sense to exist after Star-Wars and Marvel's new home is Disney+ and the age limit for TV animations drops to pre-school age. It was a huge downgrade after Fox Kids and Jetix. It closed in many parts of the world and no one cared about it. I still wish it would embrace to their Fox Kids and Saban's French heritage, but I'm a realist and don't expect that.

GRPHX

I dont hate it, and to this day I miss the Latin American version terribly.
What you've seen on Paravision in the last 5 years is X-Men 92, Spider-Man 94, A.T.O.M. Shows like Jason and Jason Mount of Heroes Olympos should have been on DisneyXD and even Disney+. But those which one are there are also had missing dubs or episodes In my opinion, there is nothing to miss about DisneyXD. It wasn't a channel that maintained its legacy like CN or Nick

Moe

I grew up with Toon Disney in early 2000s after became available on Time Warner Cable and they carried all of animated Disney shows, also many acquired shows from DIC and some obscure shows.

That changed after Disney bought Fox Family Worldwide and Disney changed from Fox Family Channel to ABC Family Channel. Most of their contents continue to air on Fox Family Channel. After witnessed and realized Turner's difficulty to carry Boomerang to cable TV, Disney decided that launch 24/7 Jetix channel wasn't worth the hassle and in 2004, ultimately, Disney overhauled Toon Disney to include Jetix block and like OP said, Jetix took 90% of Toon Disney schedule at peak in 2006, so started to drop after that and in 2008, Toon Disney and Jetix was 40% and 60%.

I stopped watch Toon Disney after got full time job and was very busy.

Overhaul of Toon Disney upset the Disney fans that lead to stigmatization of Jetix shows and Disney should have launch separate Jetix channel, despite hurdle with cable TV companies or stay on ABC Family Channel. It is win-win for Disney and Jetix fans. Cable TV companies were reason that prevented Disney from launch 24/7 Playhouse channel and finally, Disney realized that Soapnet is no longer valuable and they replaced with 24/7 Disney Junior in 2012 - just past the peak of cable TV.

I discovered Disney XD and realized it was merger of Toon Disney and Jetix, so I had mixed feeling about this channel. All Old Disney and Jetix (Fox Kids) shows premiered in 1990s disappeared from Disney XD in 2012.

Digital cable channels like Disney XD/Toon Disney/Jetix, Nicktoons, Discovery Family/The Hub/Discovery Kids, Nick GaS, TeenNick/The N, Boomerang, Nick Jr/Noggin and others were bygone and useful when streaming wasn't existed and became useless after streaming becomes popular, however streaming services don't have all old contents.

Disney XD is currently in endangered state after Disney and Spectrum agreed to exclude Disney XD, Disney Jr, Freeform, FXX and several others, so it means Disney could close those channels anytime and it is very unpredictable. If demographic proves most of viewers on Disney XD are adult so Disney may start to add old contents back like WBD did with Boomerang, but it would require Disney to care about Disney XD. Disney is abysmal with nostalgia when compared to Nickelodeon/Paramount.

By the way, my post is written about US version of channels and I can't speak about international version, sorry, but I know that loss of Jetix was extremely painful memory to viewers outside of the US.

aegisrawks

What you've seen on Paravision in the last 5 years is X-Men 92, Spider-Man 94, A.T.O.M. Shows like Jason and Jason Mount of Heroes Olympos should have been on DisneyXD and even Disney+. But those which one are there are also had missing dubs or episodes In my opinion, there is nothing to miss about DisneyXD. It wasn't a channel that maintained its legacy like CN or Nick
WHOA NELLY! How do you know that? I never mentioned that and this is 255% an accurate portrayal of the Paravision schedule? How did you know that? Also there is Yokai Watch which was a massively succesful show in Latin America, and one of the few shows Paravision has not taken from Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD.

GRPHX

Loss of the brand aside, Jetix was a truly original and disctintive brand. It had its own corporate identity and brand image. I don't understand why you would destroy something that has originality and go under the traditional-boring Disney corporate identity like DisneyXD? Disney is very bad and really sucks at nostalgy & legacy, and that goes for their own shows, too. I wish you had the opportunity to encounter a Jetix/Fox Kids block that was independent of Fox/Fox Family or ABC Family/Toon Disney. You could probably have the extensive French show library and rich animation content. I acknowledge and upset how unfair Toon Disney Jetix Block is to Americans. So, in my opinion, someone who wants to watch Dumbo or Raw Toonage should not encounter Power Rangers or Digimon.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Moe

aegisrawks

M.Loss of the brand aside, Jetix was a truly original and disctintive brand. It had its own corporate identity and brand image. I don't understand why you would destroy something that has originality and go under the traditional-boring Disney corporate identity like DisneyXD? Disney is nostalgic and really sucks at legacy, and that goes for their own shows, too. I wish you had the opportunity to encounter a Jetix/Fox Kids blog that was independent of Fox/Fox Family or ABC Family/Toon Disney. You could probably have the extensive French library and rich animation content. I acknowledge and regret how unfair Toon Disney Jetix Block is to Americans. So, in my opinion, someone who wants to watch Dumbo or Raw Toonage should not encounter Power Rangers or Digimon.
No, seriously, how did you know that? Do you live in Paraguay! I thought I was genuinely THE ONLY one who gave a damn about the Paravision Schedule, let alone know it by heart like this!

GRPHX

WHOA NELLY! How do you know that? I never mentioned that and this is 255% an accurate portrayal of the Paravision schedule? How did you know that? Also there is Yokai Watch which was a massively succesful show in Latin America, and one of the few shows Paravision has not taken from Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD.
I am a medium and I have some psychic and spiritual powers. :)

You mentioned Jason to me in the other thread, so I looked up what Paravision had and I don't believe they're still distributing them, and I'd bet they haven't added them to Disney+. If A.T.O.M, Jason or any title produced by the same company is added to the Paraguay D+ library, please let me know. with SS :)

aegisrawks

I am a medium and I have some psychic and spiritual powers. :)

You mentioned Jason to me in the other thread, so I looked up what Paravision had and I don't believe they're still distributing them, and I'd bet they haven't added them to Disney+. If A.T.O.M, Jason or any title produced by the same company is added to the Paraguay D+ library, please let me know. with SS :)
I dont remember that but good on you! I'd rather believe you have powers, the accuracy in that post is uncanny, even scary lol. Paravision doesnt have all these shows at once, so to learn about it, you have had to check the Paravision schedule for months on end. I love that Paravision uses the Fox Kids/Jetix/Disney XD cartoons as cheap filler but they are actually quite popular there. They even used to air W.I.T.C.H!

Ironically its Telefuturo and ESPECIALLY La Tele (Both are owned by Grupo Vierci) started slow but steadily won the cartoon war. Digimon Adventure 1999, Shinkalion, The Hakushon Daimao remake, Captain Tsubasa , OG Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Astro Boy Remake, and last but not least a literal ton of Dreamworks cartoons. I wondered if they were more popular in Paraguay and the in mass cancellations of ALL OF THESE cartoons sadly proved I was right.

Moe

Disney is very bad and really sucks at nostalgy & legacy
Yes, it is beyond abysmal and funny, Disney tried with throwback block with tweeny female shows on Freeform, so it was shockingly bad. I already lost my loyal to Disney years ago.

I acknowledge and upset how unfair Toon Disney Jetix Block is to Americans. So, in my opinion, someone who wants to watch Dumbo or Raw Toonage should not encounter Power Rangers or Digimon.
Yes but I rather to have Toon Disney/Jetix come back and throw Disney XD in garbage. Cartoon fans today would be thrilled to have Toon Disney/Jetix returns and stigmatization disappeared not long after rebrand to Disney XD that not what millennials want to enjoy, however old Marvel shows was big welcome and sadly, they didn't last longer - disappeared in 2012.

The stigmatization of Jetix shows occurred from 2004 to 2009, and negative didn't last longer anymore. In my case, it was mild-moderate and I still watch 1990s shows on Jetix that all I can find to be enjoyable as Nickelodeon and Disney Channel changed to be less enjoyable, compared to late 1990s. Boomerang, Nick GaS and Nicktoons were additional bonus.

Toon Disney/Jetix is more like Cartoon Network.

Anime shows were reason that I watch Disney XD in 2010s but not anymore now.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts