Hulk cereal! And other movie/TV tie-in cereals

Russkafin

Bringer of Darkness
Hey gang,

Guess what I'm eating right now? Hulk cereal! I just found it at Tops today. Basically it's Corn Pops with marshmallows in it... so it's probably like the worst thing in the world for you, but it tastes great!

This got my friend and I talking about other cereals that were based on movies or TV shows. We came up with Ninja Turtle cereal, GI Joe cereal, Ghostbuster cereal and Nintendo cereal (they had Mario and Link versions). Does anyone remember these and/or any other ones??

Okay, you can SEE the sugar in the milk at the bottom of the bowl... maybe this was not the best thing to eat before bed. I think this cereal really will turn kids into the Hulk.

Mango Fett

I recall the Addams Family cereal that came out around the time of the movie.

In my opinion that was the best cereal ever made, i'd love to find another that carries the same taste.

B.W.H.

The Spider-Man ceral from Kellogs that came out last year might have seemed kinda gross that I was eating things that look like spiders but damn were they tasty.

sag_2002

jdoggg said:
If you want an in-depth look at almost all Hulk-related cash-ins, told by a hulk pinata, I must point you towards X-E.
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0780/index.html
Quite possibly the best article, or piece of literature, ever.
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0788/index.html
The sequel, not as good, but still entertaining.

Our good friends at X-Entertainment... Home of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Don't Do Drugs" PSA that inspired my sig.

I especially like This particular article. Too funny.

Drachentöter

Good night. And good luck.
Ugh...Hulk cereal....I strongly disagree with Russafikin.

That cereal is DISGUSTING. Seriously, it makes me nauseous. Unless I had a VERY faulty box, it didn't taste like Corn Pops with marshmallows it was...

GOLDEN GRAHAMS with marshmallows. Yeah, imagine that. I'll never buy it again...

Matthew Williams

Owns A Homey The Clown Shirt
I saw the Hulk cereal at work... yeah, doesn't look too good there. ^_^ Other licensed cereals that come to mind:

--Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Spider-Man. I'm grouping these because Ralston Cereals(yes, Purina was once in the cereal biz) released the Turtles cereal, which had crunchy Ninja nets and Turtle-shaped marshmallows. Then, a year or two after that vanished, the Spidey cereal appears from the same guys. It's the SAME EXACT CEREAL as the TMNT cereal except the nets are now called "Spider Webs" and the marshmallows changed to spidey shapes. Still, it/they was/were great cereal(s).

--Nintendo Cereal System. Mario on the one side, Zelda on the other. Great concept.

--The new Disney/Kellogg cereals that just came out. Some are good, like Mickey's Magix and I think the Buzz Lightyear cereal... haven't eaten those. But there is something that really gets me... the Lion King-based cereal. "Timon and Pumbaa's Chocolate Mud and Bugs". Now, honestly... WHO ON EARTH would want to buy a cereal called CHOCOLATE MUD AND BUGS?!

...wait, probably the same people who buy the green ketchup...

Rune

off(world) model
We had Monsters Inc cereal over here (UK) to tie in with the movie & the DVD/Video release, basically they were just golden grahams with either a very poorly printed Sulley or Mike one each one. Not exactly ground breaking but kind of moreish all the same.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts