Ideas for films based on children's books

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Which films based on children's books would you like to see? Here are mine:

The Story of Babar (Histoire de Babar) - A two-part live-action/CG adaptation of the French children's book series by Jean de Brunhoff (later continued by his son, Laurent). The plot would adapt "The Story of Babar", "The Travels of Babar", "Babar the King", and "Babar & Zephir", showcasing the tale of the little elephant who would become ruler of the Elephant Kingdom, and its capital, Celesteville. The two-part film would be a France-UK-USA co-production, and would be produced/released by Universal Pictures and StudioCanal. It would also begin in 1931, the same year the first Babar book was published.

Dr. Seuss' Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose - A traditionally-animated adaptation of one of Dr. Seuss' tales.

The Wretched Stone - Live-action adaptation of the children's book by Chris Van Allsburg, the author of Jumanji, The Polar Express, and Zathura.

Last edited:

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
The Road to Oz - Not sure if the plot’s strong enough to support a feature film, I remember it being rather episodic, but I’d still like one.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
The Story of Babar (Histoire de Babar) - A two-part live-action/CG adaptation of the French children's book series by Jean de Brunhoff (later continued by his son, Laurent). The plot would adapt "The Story of Babar", "The Travels of Babar", "Babar the King", and "Babar & Zephir", showcasing the tale of the little elephant who would become ruler of the Elephant Kingdom, and its capital, Celesteville. The two-part film would be a France-UK-USA co-production, and would be produced/released by Universal Pictures and StudioCanal. It would also begin in 1931, the same year the first Babar book was published.
9/11: On second thought, the "Babar & Zephir" part of the movie would be a separate spin-off film.

Anyway, I also have some other ideas:

The Tiger Rising

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Both film ideas are based on two of the novels by Kate DiCamillo, the author of Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Desperaux, and Flora & Ulysses.

9/29: Apologies for double-posting, but I think I just had at least 3 ideas that would most likely work:

The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins

The King's Stilts

Bartholomew and the Oobleck

Both these film ideas would be live-action, and are based on the books by the one-and-only Dr. Seuss. I believe they will work, because said stories were written in prose rather than in Seuss' famous rhyming narrative, and they wouldn’t require makeup that would come out as creepy as The Grinch or The Cat in the Hat.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts