if you become disney ceo

harry580

hello anyone, today I going to make this thread for the users of toonzone, what would you do if you become ceo of disney

if I become ceo of disney here is my ideas:

put all of disney animated shows like buzz lightyear star command, house of mouse, Aladdin the series, filmore, fox kids/saban/bvs/jetix/sip animation contents & more to disney plus

sell hulu to comcast & launch star as a section on disney plus so all of 20th century studios, searchlight pictures, 20th television, 20th television animation, abc & fx contents are on disney plus

do more with Oswald the lucky rabbit (movie, tv show, shorts, anything)

I will put Chris Wedge in charge of 20th century animation and revive the blue sky studios label. It may help to calm the critical fans down when rio spin off starring Nico & Pedro, rio 3 & ice age 7 gets announced, blue sky studios can be used for disney plus films & some theatrical releases as well as for projects based on blue sky ip like the aforementioned ice age & rio as well as robots, epic, Ferdinand & spies in disguise

speaking of ice age & rio, make rio the series & ice age the series for disney plus & also buyback the scrat rights from ivy supersonic

make revivals to w.i.t.c.h. & gargoyles

remake eragon as a tv series for disney plus

have marvel completely use the crossgen comics & Malibu comics catalog for movies & tv shows

greenlight & release any new muppet movies any single year

bring back touchstone as a castle rock like label for disney

revive jetix as a section on Disney plus

buy the Jim Henson company

buy back the hulk, namor rights from universal & Spiderman & men in black (the latter is from Malibu comics which owned by marvel) from Sony pictures

sell gen13 film (which based on a comic by dc comics) back to Warner bros

do more Roger rabbit shorts & more do a sequel to who framed Roger rabbit

bring back 2d animated films for Walt disney animation studios

stop producing crappy live action remakes of animated films

revive disney interactive

revive club penguin, toontown online, pixie hallow & pirates of the caribbean online

make more movies based on disney attractions like the restrooms.......JK, that idea sounds too much like flushed away

settle the whole dish & sling carriage dispute with disney by renewing the carriage deals

and completely confirm the king of the hill revival

what's yours?

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Staff member
-pull the plug on abc. just shut it entirely down
-sell club penguin back to the original creators but constantly make private servers/rewrites to compete with it
-cancel everything current and upcoming at disney channel for good to make way for the rebrand as the zeke and luther channel
-make a new PURE and SPLIT/SECOND
-no really the current gen needs this disney i beg
-sue nickelodeon so that they can air the original doug as well
-make eddie from lab rats the new mascot of disney as a whole

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Repurpose 20th Century Studios and 20th Century Animation to exclusively release mature fare, with the former's family-friendly IPs fully transferring to Walt Disney Pictures and the latter's to either Walt Disney Animation Studios or Pixar.

Shut down Disney XD US, moving any first-run programming on it to Disney Channel.

Steer FX and FXX towards exclusively airing drama and comedy, respectively, with any comedy programs (first-run and rerun) on the former moving to the latter. Acquire more syndicated dramas for FX. Movies would also be exclusively non-comedic on FX and comedic on FXX.

Replacing Disney XD US would be FXM Retro as part of the split of FXM into two networks, with the latter now airing recent movies with ads 24/7 and the former airing classic movies from all branches of Disney without ads 24/7.

All Disney Television Studios live-action programming on ABC would now be branded as productions of ABC Signature. Live-action programs on other broadcast networks are from 20th Television, with 20th Television Animation beginning to use the ABC Signature Animation brand for shows it produces on ABC. Cable and streaming live-action shows are from Searchlight Television.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I would introduce Star to the US version of Disney+, sell Hulu to Comcast, buy The Jim Henson Company, bring 2D back to Walt Disney Animation Studios, launch Disney Television Productions (DTVP) for Disney-branded live-action shows, adopt a studio model for DTVA and DTVP in addition to making shows for Disney networks/Disney+, and make an agreement with Sony where they sell their film units (Columbia and TriStar) and TV show rights to Disney and 20th Century Studios and 20th Television (plus 20th Television Animation) is sold to Sony, so they can buy Fox Corporation from News Corp.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
remake eragon as a tv series for disney plus

They're already doing that.

buy the Jim Henson company

I don't think there's a need. They already own the Muppets, and it would be nice if other studios were able to use the company's talents. They don't need a monopoly over everything Henson.

do more Roger rabbit shorts & more do a sequel to who framed Roger rabbit

No way! Not only would a sequel not live up to the high expectations of the original, but most of the talents of the original film have either passed away or left the company--most notably Richard Williams, who was responsible for the jaw-dropping animation of that film. They would also have to make deals with other studios to feature their characters again, which they would certainly not be willing to do a second time, especially since the original movie went way over budget.

I would totally be down for new shorts, though.

Moe

They're already doing that.

I don't think there's a need. They already own the Muppets, and it would be nice if other studios were able to use the company's talents. They don't need a monopoly over everything Henson.

No way! Not only would a sequel not live up to the high expectations of the original, but most of the talents of the original film have either passed away or left the company--most notably Richard Williams, who was responsible for the jaw-dropping animation of that film. They would also have to make deals with other studios to feature their characters again, which they would certainly not be willing to do a second time, especially since the original movie went way over budget.

I would totally be down for new shorts, though.
This is just fantasy thread and nothing is serious.

As for me, I would add rest of missing Disney shows and films to Disney+.

Move all Disney owned contents from Hulu to Disney+ under Star equivalent hub.

Make carriage rate affordable to TV providers, and end the dispute with Dish Networks. ESPN and ABC would be required to included in basic tier, but at lower carriage rate to limit the unwanted price hikes. If contract renewal isn't resolved so there will be no removal of channels and allow subscribers to enjoy the football games, so current contract would be continued until new contract is agreed between Disney and TV providers.

Offer ads free version of Disney+ at discount for pay TV customers - it is optional.

Launch a new digital subchannel to rerun of older shows from ABC, Touchstone, 20th Century and Disney with 6-12 hours allotted for older animated shows, also no programming swap allowed for TV stations. Golden Girls and Empty Nest would air on this channel.

Launch several new channels - Disney Movie Channel, Jetix Channel, ABC Family, ABC Drama, ABC Reality, ABC Action, FXM Retro and Cartoon Vault.

Revert Disney XD to Toon Disney, also repurpose to rerun of older Disney animated shows from 1980s to 2000s and Disney shorts from 1920s to 2000s, repurpose Freeform for rerun of sitcom shows, repurpose FXM to air all movies after 2000s, as movies released prior to 2000s move to FXM Retro.

Disney Movie Channel - all Disney movies with retro from 8 pm to 6 am.

Jetix Channel - anime shows, animated Marvel shows, Star Wars shows, non-Disney shows.

ABC Family - rerun of live action shows and live action movies, especially Disney live action shows.

ABC Drama - all drama shows like Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Station 19, Quantico, Castle, live action Marvel and Star Wars, etc.

ABC Reality - all reality shows, especially Hell's Kitchen.

ABC Action - action, sci-fi shows like X-Files.

FXM Retro - all movies prior to 2000s.

Cartoon Vault - all acquired older animated shows like He-Man, Transformers, GI Joe, etc.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
For any one season shows that were cancelled, give them either one more season or a finale movie to give them a sense of closure.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
My Disney needs aren't that great (I'm more of a Warner Bros. guy overall), but there are a few things I'd like to see happen:

• Make an all-ages animated series starring the Sensational Six for Disney Plus; something along the lines of Mickey Mouse Works.
  • Create a Pete costume for walkarounds and meet-and-greets at the Disney parks. Pete is such an integral part of the Mickey gang mythos, it's weird he has no costumed representation. If they make costumed mascot for Treasure Planet characters, they should make one for Pete.
  • Make Mickey a character again. Allow him to be funny and wacky in more than just the Paul Rudish shorts.
  • Bring Quicksilver back to the MCU. For real this time, not the WandaVision fakeout.
  • Bring Iron Man back to the MCU. If Robert Downey Jr. doesn't want to play him anymore, fine, but the MCU needs an Iron Man. They have the Multiverse now, just bring in a younger Tony Stark from another universe.
  • Bring back Dreamfinder. Seriously. It's great that Figment is finally getting some attention, but you can't have Figment without the guy who created him. Figment is literally a figment of Dreamfinder's imagination. Figment without Dreamfinder is like Muttley without Dick Dastardly.
  • Have a "Play All" buttons for the shorts on Disney Plus.

Last edited:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Bring the classic theatrical shorts back to the Disney Channel, or else create a separate channel or sub-channel for the shorts.

Make Mickey Mouse a funny character again. To be fair, Disney has already started to do this, but I mean have Mickey doing wacky antics, verbal humor and slapstick outside of the Paul Rudish shorts.

Add Mickey Mouse Works and House of Mouse to Disney+.

Make some shorts starring the silly versions of the Disney Princesses from Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Give Donald Duck a somewhat more comprehensible voice for the more dialogue driven shows such as DuckTales and Legend of the Three Cabelleros so that he can be better understood. But not to the point where it's not recognizable as Donald's voice.

Last edited:

harry580

Cartoon Vault - all acquired older animated shows like He-Man, Transformers, GI Joe, etc.
so, since haim saban did the theme song of he-man & transformers & gi Joe are marvel productions cartoons (which marvel productions is bought by new world pictures to become new world animation which sold to fox & saban), could they air fox kids/saban/dfe films/new world animation/c&d/sip animation/bvs shows on it?, maybe air the filmation & 20th century fox co productions cartoons like journey to the center of the earth & fantastic voyage on it too?

also, is disney movie channel idea is like disney cinematic channel from Europe?

Last edited:

Johntoonfan05

Here's what i would do if i were the CEO of Disney...

Disney Television

Cancel Live Action Sitcoms

Create a variety Animated Shows

Revivals of Shows (Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (S3-S5), Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, House of Mouse, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)

Make Chris Wedge be in Charge of 20th Century Animation and Revive the Blue Sky Studios Label and buy the rights of Scrat back

Revert Disney XD back to Toon Disney but this time with the Shows and Movies only from Disney Television Animation (1980's-Present) and Walt Disney Animation Studios/Pixar.

Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures

Cancel all Live Action Remakes and revive Cancelled Projects
Re-Do the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy but with George Lucas's Original Ideas
Revive Cancelled Animated Projects
Bring back 2D Animation for the Movies
Buy the Remaining film rights for Spider-Man, Hulk/She-Hulk and Namor
Re-Release Cult Animated Films (Examples: Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Fox and the Hound, Great Mouse Detective, Emperor's New Groove, Brother Bear, Pocahontas and Meet the Robinsons) and give them more Recognition and love they deserved.
Release one Disney Animated Film and one Pixar Film per year

Otakuninja2006

This is being split up because, well, if I were to put'em all up into one post, it'd take forever, and NOBODY wants to read a long post.

Anyhow, the first part:

1. I'd keep ABC as is, but I'd not renew the current agreement with Litton, instead, I'd bring back Disney Junior on ABC as ABC's new E/I block, just so we can try to save a bit of money when it comes to programming a slot NOBODY watches AT ALL!!!
  2. Relaunch Freeform, the fact that they can't keep a consistent branding, yeah, I'll have a seperate post about how I'd relaunch Freeform.
  3. I'd expand the Localish channel into more markets, speaking of digital subchannels....
  4. I'd expand Disney's reach into digital subchannels, in this day and age, over-the-air TV is making a comeback, and with the new ATSC 3.0 standard getting ready to be rolled out, the opportunity for basically every major media conglomerate to expand their reach to not only over-the-air TV, but also the FAST TV model is there and would be a great idea to make more income as well as expand their reach and coverage, and with Disney and all the stuff they have and how popular and big they are, it'd be a guarnateed money-maker for them. As for how I would do it, here's how I would do it:
    1. AW, FORGET IT, I'LL DO A SEPERATE POST.....

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
With me, if I become the CEO of Disney, I would:

1. Release obscure Disney Channel shows, Vault Disney shows, Fox Kids and Jetix shows onto Disney Plus.

2. Bring the recent EMEA Signature Strokes Disney Channel rebrand on to the US.

3. Have a Vault Disney-esque block onto Disney Channel, similar to Disney Replay.

4. Revert the Disney XD name back to Toon Disney.

5. Have Disney Channel go back to their 1997-2002 roots by having three blocks. Disney Junior is here to stay, but have Zoog Disney block back exclusively on the weekends, and have a Vault Disney-like block every night at midnight to 6am. Have the main Disney Channel being the home for animation on the daytime and family friendly live action shows and movies on primetime.

That's all I got.

Otakuninja2006

For the digital subchannels, here's what I would do:

Touchstone Channel, or ABC2: An new channel using their huge library of content from ABC/Touchstone/20th Century for this channel. I'd also put older episodes of shows like The View, Jimmy Kimmel, General Hospital and other on during the daytime and late-night hours to convince people to watch them if they haven't seen them in a long time, as well as older ABC Daytime shows during the daytime hours on here, as well as during primetime and late-night hours on ABC Localish. The OBVIOUSLY highest rating that can air is TV-14, so some things would obviously be edited.

Vault Disney: Exactly what it says on the tin can, if it's from Disney itself before December 31st, 2005, then this is the network for you. All the old Disney stuff every nostalgia-blinded person wants to see, all for free, and not to mention, blocks like One Saturday Morning to boot.

ABC Family or The Disney Channel: An new network for the whole entire family, no longer being split between girly stuff for 13 year-old girls or macho comedy/action toons for 12 year-old boys, an network TRULY FOR EVERYONE, just like Disney Channel pre-Zoog/Lizzie McGuire era.

That's all I got for now..

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Most of these posts are wishlists of how the posters would make their personal viewing habits on Disney+ and the Disney Channels better and easier. Hate to break it to y'all, but that's not a CEO's job, much less in the best interest of the company. CEO's have very little to do with programming decisions. Or at least they shouldn't. One of the reasons David Zaslav is getting so much crap is precisely because he is not staying in his lane.

If I were CEO of Disney I'd take the labor complaints the Disney family itself leveled against the company in their new documentary seriously and fix them. That would be something within my power to fix and something that SHOULD be fixed.

Moe

I forget to add a last list - rehire Deafblind (DB) cast member with large compensation and backpay, and hire the SSP/CN (Support Service Provider/CoNavigator) to assist with navigation, and put him in nice Disney owned hotel with suite as permanent residence at no charge to him.

Disney fired Deafblind cast member after he bumped into family by accident, so bump is very common issue with DB, so SSP/CN can alleviate the accident. Disney didn't provide an accommodation to ensure the safety at park. After Disney fired him, so it did drive him into crisis with little money, lost the electricity and going to be evicted soon, so he is going to leave the Florida. He is born with retina disease that led to limited vision in adult life and it could progress to full blind in late middle age to senior for some people.

Before you make a ignorant post, DB can do most things but hearing and sight, and most DB have limited vision and small percent of DB are full/total blind. Full blind can read your post with braille machine, and for others, they use zoom, large print and magnifier, and some don't need assistive technology, beside SSP/CN and white cane/guide dog.

Most of these posts are wishlists of how the posters would make their personal viewing habits on Disney+ and the Disney Channels better and easier. Hate to break it to y'all, but that's not a CEO's job, much less in the best interest of the company. CEO's have very little to do with programming decisions. Or at least they shouldn't. One of the reasons David Zaslav is getting so much crap is precisely because he is not staying in his lane.
Have any CEO go beyond the lane, beside Zaslav?

For me, I don't have issue with this as long as it does bring a positive change to the company, but Zaslav isn't one of them. He is horrible and evil CEO.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
If I was the Disney CEO...
- Relase all the shows they can relase on Disney+, there's all the missing Fox Kids and Jetix content that deserves the love.
- Relaunch Toon Disney, as its own channel, focused on old Disney animated content.
- I'd keep Disney XD instead as a geek-focused channel (think the late Nolife or a GINX Esports TV that also airs stuff unrelated to videogames and Esports), maybe with bringing back the D|XP branding.
- Remember that in the USA they still own half of A+E Networks, aka more synergy with those channels. Or they can leave all to Hearst, their choice!
- Revive Voyage and Viajar, of course! (half joking on this point, being a very selfish desire of mine.)

harry580

also here more of my ideas

release directors cuts of films like the lord miller cut of solo & Chris wedge cut of robots

revive more marvel cartoons if x men 97 performed well

make a animated movie based on avp based on the rumored Netflix avp anime

launch a Pluto tv like streaming service featuring channels like abc, espn, disney channel, disney junior, disney xd, toon disney, jetix, freeform, fx, nat geo & more

Moe

so, since haim saban did the theme song of he-man & transformers & gi Joe are marvel productions cartoons (which marvel productions is bought by new world pictures to become new world animation which sold to fox & saban), could they air fox kids/saban/dfe films/new world animation/c&d/sip animation/bvs shows on it?, maybe air the filmation & 20th century fox co productions cartoons like journey to the center of the earth & fantastic voyage on it too?
My idea with Cartoon Vault is represent the animated community and honor their works, also there will be documentaries after show end to demonstrate the works, toy collection and history with cartoons, also fun quizzes and games between end of show and start of show, so no ads at all.

There is other name - Cartoon Treasures, Toon Treasures, etc.

also, is disney movie channel idea is like disney cinematic channel from Europe?
Yes, Disney want to launch the Cinemagic in the US but most TV providers said no, no, no.

I do think that Disney should fund the TV providers to expand the infrastructure to carry more channels.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts