"Indiana Jones and the Great Circle" (Xbox) Pre-release News & Discussion

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

“Indiana Jones” Gamplay Reveal Highlights The January 2024 Xbox Developer Direct"​

indiana-jones.webp

"Perhaps the biggest reveal was the first full trailer introducing the story, gameplay (and official title) for the Indiana Jones game. MachineGames is primarily known as the creators of the recent Wolfenstein games, which relied heavily on first-person perspective, and that trend continues with the upcoming Indiana Jones game (though there will be third-person cut scenes and moments of traversal in the world that require a third-person perspective). The trailer also reveals the likeness of Harrison Ford (though the voice acting of Indiana is provided by Troy Baker, most well known for the voice of “Joel” in “The Last of Us”.

This marks the first “Indiana Jones” video game (outside of Lego games and appearances in Fortnite) since “Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings” in 2009. Todd Howard, the Director and Executive Producer of Bethesda (the parent company of MachineGames) revealed in the Developer Direct that he’s been wanting to make an Indiana Jones game for years. It was also revealed that the time setting of the game was to take place between “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “The Last Crusade” (in other words, the best time period in the fictional hero’s life)."

Read the full article here.

Also, here's the official trailer:

Last edited:

the_joker

Can't think of a title
The most notable aspect of this game would be the fact that it's an Xbox exclusive, or more accurately not on PS5, as I don't believe that console has a ton of exclusives. I think it feels somewhat odd for a established IP not owned by Microsoft to be exclusive to their platforms (unlike the Star Wars games), though I am aware that it's being made at a studio owned by Microsoft. On the flip side, there are also the recent Spider-Man games being exclusive to PS as they were made by Insomniac which is owned by Sony, though a number of them have become available on PC for reasons I don't understand. But I digress.

As for the game itself, I don't have much to say. I don't own any kind of Xbox console (yet) or a gaming computer, and I'm only a casual viewer of the Indiana Jones movies. If this becomes successful, at least Microsoft will have it's own Uncharted-style game(s) as well as its own major exclusives.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, if the rumors of "Hi-Fi Rush" coming to Playstation and Nintendo Switch are true, maybe there will come a time when "Indiana Jones" will come to other consoles.

But do I want to wait that long? I think I'm just going to have to breakdown and buy a Xbox Series S (or go all out for a Series X). The Indiana Jones trailer just looked that thrilling, it really captured the spirit of the 80's films (not so much the later films).

EDIT: The developers said this takes place between "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "The Last Crusade". Upon further review, I found "the internet" says that this is the timeline for the "classic" Indiana Jones films:

"Temple of Doom" takes place in 1935
"Raiders of the Lost Ark" takes place in 1936.
And "The Last Crusade" takes place in 1938.

So, "Indiana Jones and the Great Circle" takes place....in 1937? You would think they'd spread out the years of the original films a bit more. Would it have hurt for some of his adventures to actually occur during World War 2?

And when do Indiana Jones' other video game adventures occur? Or are those now "non-canon"?

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts