Jason DeMarco Made SVP Of Anime & Action Series/Longform Content At Cartoon Network And Warner Brothers

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Jason DeMarco has been made the senior vice president for longform anime and action shows at Cartoon Network and Warner Brothers Animation. He's mainly known for his work on Adult Swim (and based on the article, he seems to be involved with Toonami, which has plenty of anime and action shows).

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Jason DeMarco has been made the senior vice president for longform anime and action shows at Cartoon Network and Warner Brothers Animation. He's mainly known for his work on Adult Swim (and based on the article, he seems to be involved with Toonami, which has plenty of anime and action shows).

He's the co-creator for Toonami, so he had done a lot for bringing anime and action shows to American television.

Also, he's looking forward to making action shows for kids:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I would like to see some good American action shows again, not just anime (which I know is doing fine enough), more than anything. So yeah, we shall see if he can follow through on this promise or not. We shall definitely see.

Rhaynebow

I would like to see some good American action shows again, not just anime (which I know is doing fine enough), more than anything. So yeah, we shall see if he can follow through on this promise or not. We shall definitely see.

This. And they need to be ACTUAL action shows, not 90% school hijinx or slice-of-life with 2 measly minutes of action at the end because the characters need be soooooo relatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
This. And they need to be ACTUAL action shows, not 90% school hijinx or slice-of-life with 2 measly minutes of action at the end because the characters need be soooooo relatable.

Yeah... That's one of many reason I prefer Amphibia and/or The Owl House, for example. CN needs to make action shows that, however, are better than those. Just as good would be acceptable enough, but CN should be aiming to do better of they're serious about giving us good action joints again, dangit!

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if this would open the door to some younger skewing anime along with making shows that are little older than what CN's going for before, but younger than Adult swim . There are anime, like Welcome to Demon School Iruma Kun that would fit a bridge audience. With Adult swim losing stuff soon they could use like 8-10pm for the bridge audience with some action western shows and younger skewing anime. They should at least give it a try.

tykroma94

I wonder if this would open the door to some younger skewing anime along with making shows that are little older than what CN's going for before, but younger than Adult swim . There are anime, like Welcome to Demon School Iruma Kun that would fit a bridge audience. With Adult swim losing stuff soon they could use like 8-10pm for the bridge audience with some action western shows and younger skewing anime. They should at least give it a try.

I honestly wonder the same thing. I wonder if CN will make a new action block that has western action cartoons and anime. We’ll have to wait and see but I’m excited to see what the future holds.

See as Adult Swim is probably gonna lose the 8pm and 9pm hour, I think that they should make a new action block and have it from 7-10pm on Friday Nights. That sounds like a good idea.

ThePharaohZ

One of my favorite animation youtubers Vailskibum64 explains this in his video. This is extremely good news. CN had me worried for a minute.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Basically a long way to say "Cartoon Network's going to try and bring action cartoons back".

And yet, the first thing mentioned is a "Lord of the Rings" anime film.

Get back to me when Cartoon Network comes up with the next "Batman Beyond" or "Jackie Chan Adventures" or "Samurai Jack".

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Get back to me when Cartoon Network comes up with the next "Batman Beyond" or "Jackie Chan Adventures" or "Samurai Jack".
Unicorn: Warriors Eternal?

IMDb even claims it's coming in 2021.

I am really hoping for Fall 2021 to be like Spring 2010.

tykroma94

Basically a long way to say "Cartoon Network's going to try and bring action cartoons back".

And yet, the first thing mentioned is a "Lord of the Rings" anime film.

To be fair @wonderfly, we have a new Batman and A new Superman series that was recently announced by CN about a month or so ago. But to each their own I guess.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts