"Lanterns (HBO Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
1/31/23: Lanterns focuses on Hal Jordan and John Stewart. It replaces the previous Green Lantern series that was in development. Lanterns is similar to True Detective. They uncover a "dark mystery."

2/5: Is inspired in part by the "Sinestro's Law" arc started in the 2016 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth one-shot and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps issues #1-7. Lanterns leads into the overall story that being told throughout the different movies and television shows like how The Suicide Squad fed into Peacemaker. An ancient horror is found on Earth.

5/10: Damon Lindelof rumored to be an executive producer and Tom King a writer.

7/12: Gunn states Lanterns is not in a separate canon and Nathan Fillion will be Guy if he's in it.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if The Center will show up...

Well, I'm just excited to see Hal and John (and Guy) in something together and I hope the show does them justice :).

And I hope this doesn't feel like GL on a TV budget :p.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sounds like they want it to be a real crime drama :p.

I hope Hal isn't that much older...makes me worried they plan to kill him off :(.
Procedurals, Criminal Minds included, tend to have an older member in the main cast - the more experienced, grizzled type. I am interested in who they have in mind for an older Hal since they cast Fillion for Guy in Legacy and Fillion's around 50 I think.

the greenman

Procedurals, Criminal Minds included, tend to have an older member in the main cast - the more experienced, grizzled type. I am interested in who they have in mind for an older Hal since they cast Fillion for Guy in Legacy and Fillion's around 50 I think.
I'm sorry but I just can't trust WB DC anymore. They literally throw chewed up bubblegum, all kinds of stuff in a blender and take the lid off, on a white board and call it art. No rhyme or reason for anything really. Yeah Marvel is messing up, but these guys are doing worse.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I haven't read any of his work. So he's mostly character-driven? Sounds like he's a shoe-in for writing John Stewart in particular.
I guess that's one way of describing it. He gets really into characters' head and tries to explore mental and emotional trauma (and sometimes fabricates them out of thin air) and unpacks the characters' damage (for lack of a better word) and his own time working for the CIA.

Also sometimes they commit war crimes :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts