Gintama
D.Gray-Man

-----------
Eyeshield 21
Major

Anyone have any more?

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
Technically, Pocket Monsters is on its third series and Naruto is on its second, so you can take those two out.

Ben

Wise Fool
Tensai Bakabon and Kochi Kame have more episodes than a lot of those. Unless you only want series still in production.

Samurai

Tensai Bakabon and Kochi Kame have more episodes than a lot of those. Unless you only want series still in production.

Yes, just currently running series that are still in production.

DrTooth

I thought Kochikame was only on TV less than 10 years. I know the manga started in the 70's, and it still in production.

Ben

Wise Fool
Since you seem to be considering new incarnations as part of the same series (Gegege no Kitaro) you can probably add You're Under Arrest to the list.

I thought Kochikame was only on TV less than 10 years. I know the manga started in the 70's, and it still in production.

It was on TV for a full 10 years, which is a pretty long time relatively speaking. Long enough for 350+ episodes. And plus they're still making movies so you could consider it potentially "still in production."

Lazerboy5000

Catch 'ya Later!
The only one that I know was that Pokemon has aired 509 episodes so far, but that's listed already.

The Simpsons is the longest running American cartoon, but I don't know how many episodes were aired the Japan so far.

DrTooth

The Simpsons is the longest running American cartoon, but I don't know how many episodes were aired the Japan so far.

Longest running consistantly in production in one series. I heard that recently they're neck and neck with Scooby Doo.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Why is Yugioh GX right under pokemon? It's only aired 157 episodes while pokemon has aired 509 (According to Lazerboy)

I actually think Pokemon has more episodes than that. *checks Serebii* I was right. In Japan, they'll show episode 519 this Thursday. So Pokemon has aired 518 episodes in Japan. I thought the new season of GX didn't start in Japan until next week. Anyway, I think Samurai was listing all of the long-running current series that air in Japan and not really putting them from longest to shortest.

Rolling Cloud

...too early....
I actually think Pokemon has more episodes than that. *checks Serebii* I was right. In Japan, they'll show episode 519 this Thursday. So Pokemon has aired 518 episodes in Japan.

That's why I put that (according to..)because I had a feeling I was wrong.:sweat:

I thought the new season of GX didn't start in Japan until next week.

It does start next week, but last I checked, it was somewhere in the 149-150's.

Anyway, I think Samurai was listing all of the long-running current series that air in Japan and not really putting them from longest to shortest.

Ohh, that makes sense.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Dragonball Z I'm sure isn't the longest, but more so than some anime. Even more so if you factor in the original Dragon Ball series. Between both shows 446 episodes.

Dudley

Staff member
Doraemon's a close second, it came on the air 10 years after Sazae-San, but has over 1,000 episodes.

email2003

*Classically Trained*
Hands down, Detective Conan! That series has 450+ episodes and still running. The series began in 1996-present.:eek:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts