"Marvel's What If...? (Disney+)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Welcome to the second installment of the What If...? News and Discussion Thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! Keep up to date with news about this animated series, and use this thread to discuss them in a civilized manner!
whatif_card.jpg
Marvel's What If...?
New episodes premiere Wednesdays on Disney+
*Season One ends on October 6, 2021

Series Description:
“What If…?” flips the script on the MCU, reimagining famous events from the films in unexpected ways. Marvel Studios’ first animated series focuses on different heroes from the MCU, featuring a voice cast that includes a host of stars who reprise their roles. Directed by Bryan Andrews with AC Bradley as head writer, “What If…?" launches exclusively on Disney+ on August 11, 2021.

Comments?
Stay tuned for further updates!

Related threads
:
"Marvel's What If?" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
"Marvel's What If...?" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Continuing from the previous thread, here are a poster and an article about Season 1, Episode 7 premiering on 09/22/2021.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's an article which mentions a statement from AC Bradley. In regards to complaints about the runtime, two points stand out:

1. The What If comics are in a similar vein of having rather abrupt endings.

2. There was enough content to make the episodes 45 minutes long, but the pandemic threw a wrench into things, and the episodes had to be shortened.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's an article which mentions a statement from AC Bradley. In regards to complaints about the runtime, two points stand out:

1. The What If comics are in a similar vein of having rather abrupt endings.

2. There was enough content to make the episodes 45 minutes long, but the pandemic threw a wrench into things, and the episodes had to be shortened.

It makes me wonder if that might change in future seasons...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Another article about the show. (Both this and the one posted earlier are basically covering stuff from the Podcast I linked to before).

Of note, in regards to season 2-
Season 2 is currently in "the animatics stages on a lot of the episodes," each of which take a year to fully animate, per the head writer. "Therefore, the first and second drafts of the scripts are already done," she continued. "We're knee deep in production and design."

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
So I guess this means we probably won't get what-ifs based around Shang Chi or Eternals.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Unless the staff knew about the next few MCU movies in advance and managed to come up with some scripts that weren't too similar to the actual movies. Otherwise I guess projects like Eternals could be covered in future seasons, if the show gets renewed beyond season 2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts