May, 2024--What Did You Buy This Month: Animated DVD/Blu-Ray/4K

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Here's what we have for this month:

5/7:

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island/Return to Zombie Island (Blu-Ray) (Warner Archive)

5/14:

My Adventures with Superman: Season 1

5/21:

The Powerpuff Girls (1998-2005): Complete Series (Re-Release)

5/28:

Bluey: Season 3
Kung Fu Panda 4 (Combo & 4K)
The Tiger's Apprentice

So, what's everyone gonna get this month?

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
Importing a copy of the Beetlejuice series, as well as the German release of The Dreamstone series (the Amazon listing claims it's in English and German so keeping my fingers crossed)
Edit: Threw Moominvalley in there too*

Last edited:

khuddle

I actually ordered Blood of Zeus Season 2 on BR. Calculated gamble on my part.
I actually hated the first season, I thought it was a Castlevania-wanna-be only with
terrible writing, However, for Season 2, things could be different:

* Reviews for Season 2 have been terrific, ranging from the 8 out 10 to even as high as 9 out of 10.
One reviewer actually wrote that he was "blown away by Season 2". That's pretty high praise.
* Shows typically improve from Season to Season (eg. the first couple of seasons of Family
Guy were awful, but the show steadily improved after that).
* I got it for a song ($20)

Worth a shot.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
Challenge of the Go-Bots - The Original Miniseries
Challenge of the Go-Bots - volume 1
Challenge of the Go-Bots - volume 2

I ordered these on the last day of May. The first two came to me on Sunday, and the latter came to me today.

I guess I should have bought the Go-Bots DVDs a long time ago since they've been out for a while, but it's good that I got them while I could. They're my only DVD purchases of the year, and I don't have any others planned. So far I've bought more Blu-rays than 4Ks this year. I plan on getting more of both, and the majority of them are Blu-rays.

khuddle

I actually ordered Blood of Zeus Season 2 on BR. Calculated gamble on my part.
I actually hated the first season, I thought it was a Castlevania-wanna-be only with
terrible writing, However, for Season 2, things could be different:

* Reviews for Season 2 have been terrific, ranging from the 8 out 10 to even as high as 9 out of 10.
One reviewer actually wrote that he was "blown away by Season 2". That's pretty high praise.
* Shows typically improve from Season to Season (eg. the first couple of seasons of Family
Guy were awful, but the show steadily improved after that).
* I got it for a song ($20)

Worth a shot.

Update: Blood of Zeus S2 was utterly meh. Better than Season 1, but that isn't saying much.
Not sure why the series was given such glowing reviews.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts