"Mortal Kombat 1" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Mortal Kombat 1 - Rate and Discuss this Video Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's in our blood! Discover a world reborn with Mortal Kombat 1!

Mortal Kombat 1
Developer:
NetherRealm Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S
Release Date: Deluxe Edition: September 14, 2023; Regular Edition: September 19, 2023 (Wide)

Synopsis: Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 1 introduces a new beginning for the franchise with a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by Fire God Liu Kang, featuring iconic heroes and villains reimagined as they’ve never been seen before. The genre-defining Story mode provides a fresh cinematic narrative with new relationships, unexpected twists on classic rivalries, and original backstories for a wide-ranging cast of characters.

Mortal Kombat 1 extends the single player offering with the debut of Invasions, a progression-based mode where gamers can traverse the realms via an interactive map, experiment with different character builds, and complete numerous challenges to earn a variety of rewards, all built on a themed six-week seasonal schedule.

Mortal Kombat 1 also features the new Kameo Fighter system, providing a separate roster of support characters to assist during matches. Pulled from over 30 years of Mortal Kombat history, Kameo Fighters bring an advantage to every fight with an arsenal of offensive and support-based special moves, unique throws, defensive breakers, devastating Fatal Blows, and brutal Fatalities.

Discuss Mortal Kombat 1 right here! So ... who's playing?

Related Discussion

-Injustice 2 Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat (2021) Talkback (Spoilers)
-The World's Finest Mortal Kombat Legends Mini-Site (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)
-Injustice (2021) Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
As usual I enjoyed playing through story mode, even though the overall format hasn't changed much at all since MK 9.

Invasions was a neat idea in theory but it wasn't that great in execution. I hated the abrupt AMBUSH (shades of random battles in the Final Fantasy games) and too many secret fights which slowed down progress. Also it got monotonous seeing the same backdrops in fight after fight, as they stayed consistent with whatever realm you're on. That and it takes too long to build up rewards to buy things. Also, because it's board game-esque and you're stuck on a top-down view grid, it lacks the freedom and exploration that the Krypt from MK11 had. (also, unless I missed it, you're not allowed to return to Cage Mansion after leaving? That's one of my pet peeves in gaming, permanently gone content. They did the same with Deception - you can't re-enter the village after you leave, unless you start Konquest over from the beginning)

So, Omni-Man is coming this month as one of the DLC fighters. That'll extend the game's life for a bit.

Last edited:

Spider-Man

I really enjoyed MK 11 but was surprised as how quickly I was done with it. The story didn't take long and Invasion gets a little monotonous after awhile. I really enjoyed the story though and thought it looked great. The graphics are really gorgeous too and the stages have never looked better. The detail is crazy in all of them. Fighting with others is pretty fun too but with the exception of upcoming fighters I feel like I'm already done with this one.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The latest character addition to "Mortal Kombat" is Quan Chi. The character is set to be added on December 21st:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts