"Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind" Animated Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Discuss "Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Inspired by the worldwide video game sensation now celebrating its 30th anniversary, Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind finds vicious, power-mad Kano determined to take over Earthrealm, one soul at a time.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind
Studio: Warner Bros. Animation
Release Date: Digital, 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack – October 9, 2022

Description: Inspired by the worldwide video game sensation celebrating its 30th anniversary, Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind finds vicious, power-mad Kano determined to take over Earthrealm, embarking on a brutal assault from town to defenseless town. The choice is simple: Kneel or be annihilated. But when the cocky and talented but undisciplined Kenshi doesn’t take a knee, Kano and his clan destroy the young warrior, taking his eyesight and his confidence. Under the tutelage of reluctant, retired Kuai Liang, the only one powerful enough to challenge the malevolent Kano, Kenshi finds renewed hope and a clear path to redemption. But will it be enough to stop Kano from decimating all of Earthrealm?

Manny Jacinto (Top Gun: Maverick, The Good Place) and David Wenham (Elvis, 300, The Lord of the Rings franchise) lead a terrific voice cast as Kenshi Takahashi and Kano, respectively. Returning from previous installments of the film series are Patrick Seitz (Mortal Kombat X, Aggretsuko, Naruto: Shippuden) as Scorpion, Artt Butler (Her, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Shang Tsung, and Debra Wilson (World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, MADtv) as Graji. And new to the Mortal Kombat Legends films is Ron Yuan (Mortal Kombat 11, Mulan) as Kuai Liang, Imari Williams (Transformers: Rescue Bots) as Tremor, Yuri Lowenthal (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as Kobra, Courtenay Taylor (Regular Show, OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes) as Kira, Keith Silverstein (Overwatch, Genshin Impact) as Kabal, Sumalee Montano (The Lost Symbol, Transformers Prime) as Kindra, and Lei Yin (Saint’s Row) as Peter & Sento.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind is produced and directed by Rick Morales (Mortal Kombat Legends franchise, Injustice) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Justice Society: World War II), who also penned the screenplays for the series’ first two films. All three films are based on the video game created by Ed Boon and John Tobias. Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is Producer. Sam Register and NetherRealm Studios’ Ed Boon are Executive Producers.

Mortal Kombat! Discuss this action-packed animated feature right here!

Related Content and Discussion:
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Review (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Review (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Review (Spoilers)
-The World's Finest Mortal Kombat Legends Mini-Site (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat (2021) Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)
-Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)
-Injustice (2021) Animated Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
So, both Target and Best Buy didn't have it on shelves. Feh, this is getting sad. I'll have to order it later.

Spider-Man

I had a little trouble tracking down the 4K but was able to find it after a few store stops. These movies are getting harder to find. This movie was pretty good too. I thought the story was good and the animation wasn't bad though I don't think I like the new designs. They're not bad but they look "cheaper" compared to how these movies used to look. Glad to hear there's a fourth one coming too!

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
The movie was... an interesting change of pace. Basically if Mortal Kombat was a spaghetti western. Kano was such a bastard in this, not even darkly amusing like he usually is, just... plain evil. The scene early on when he shot both women combatants, just because, you know you've got a scumbag on your hands.

I did like how they worked in the plot to Mortal Kombat 11 towards the end, with the hourglass that resets everything in the image of its owner. Kano is absolutely the worst person you'd want in charge of that thing.

I could tell pretty quickly that this wasn't done by Studio Mir like the other two and was by Digital eMation instead (I guess Mir was busy with the recent Batman/Superman film). They did a good job, regardless- there were some smooth movements in here and the standout sequence was the fight scene when the camera rotated around while Kenshi fought the hordes.

Plot was pretty well-worn- it's basically "wise old man teaches young fighter with promise". But at least it was given a fresh coat of paint due to Kenshi being blind. Sub-Zero and Scorpion joining forces was a nice change of pace for the series, even though that's also a well-used trope ("the enemy of my enemy is my friend").

Not a perfect movie, but overall I like this DTV series. It's a nice break from the superhero movies DC puts out, as good as those usually are.

Last edited:

khuddle

I liked the movie. I'd rank it as the best of the three MKL movies so far. Certainly much, much better than
"Battle of the Realms", which was a chore to sit through. Impressive animation, a decent story, and the 80 minute run time didn't hurt either. As Classic Speedy mentioned, a nice change of pace from the DC Animated superhero movies that we are all used to.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind

I gave the first Mortal Kombat Legends animated movie a positive review. I was lukewarm on the second. This one I'm giving a hard pass to. And frankly it tells me this franchise is not built for movies. It probably never was. The original Mortal Kombat games were bloodspattering. But that gruesomeness is funny because it's essentially cartoon gore. It's why the second and third games came up with Friendships and Babalities and hidden Pong levels. On a real level, the franchise is meant to be funny. Joel McHale in the first film helped a LOT with that and less in the second. This just horribleness occurring with zero irony attached to it whatsoever. Because the producers are giving it legit stakes, it's stopped being fun.

Mortal Kombat used to be fun. You can't dispute that. And these movies, especially this one, don't really seem to understand the selling point or the ridiculousness of the premise. Like Michael Bay creating scientifically plausible looking Ninja Turtles, they're overthinking it. Not only does the premise itself not demand it, it actually works against the actual selling points of that premise.

Not a fans of the movies. This is the wrong tone for the wrong franchise. *.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Threads merged.

EDIT:
Fone Bone said:
Not a fans of the movies. This is the wrong tone for the wrong franchise. *.
You're in luck - the upcoming Johnny Cage movie looks to have more comic relief in it.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts