New "Peanuts" media coming to Apple

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
04/26/2019:
Some details about Peanuts in Space.
Morgan Neville, Imagine Documentaries, and Peanuts have teamed for Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10, a documentary of sorts that seeks to answer the question: Was Snoopy a world famous, top-secret astronaut? It will launch in May will be available in May on the Apple TV app. Aaron Bergeron wrote the script.
Imagine’s Ron Howard stars as himself along with Jeff Goldblum as a self-published NASA historian to take on the quest, which lightly spoofs the May 1969 NASA Apollo 10 mission that required the lunar module to skim the moon’s surface within 50,000 feet and “snoop around” scouting a site for the upcoming Apollo 11 moon-landing.

Separate thread here-
"Snoopy in Space" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

10/02/2020:
First look at The Snoopy Show. Premieres on Apple TV+ in February 2021.

Separate thread here-
"The Snoopy Show" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

10/20:
Looks like more Peanuts specials are in the works.
New animated Peanuts originals coming to Apple TV+ include a second season of the Daytime Emmy-nominated Snoopy in Space, and a slate of brand-new specials that will find the Peanuts gang marking Mother’s Day, Earth Day, New Year’s Eve and Back to School – all to be produced by WildBrain’s animation studio. The new series and specials join the previously announced The Snoopy Show, a brand-new Peanuts 70th anniversary documentary film from Imagine Documentaries and WildBrain; and the Daytime Emmy Award-winning Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Trailer for an upcoming documentary.

Via Deadline-
Set to debut globally June 25 on Apple TV+, Who Are You, Charlie Brown? is narrated by Lupita Nyong’o and hails from Imagine Documentaries. The special will feature interviews with friends, family , cartoonists and notable fans of the iconic comic strip to create a portrait of the late Peanuts creator.
Who are You, Charlie Brown? honors Schulz and celebrates the global popularity and long-lasting significance of the comic strip. Jean Schulz, the widow of Charles Schulz; Drew Barryomore, Al Roker, Kevin Smith, Paul Feig, Noah Schnapp and more will join for the celebration, that interweaves a new animated story following Charlie Brown on a quest of self-discovery.
Imagine Documentaries and WildBrain produces the special. Executive producers are Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Sara Bernstein and Justin Wilkes of Imagine, Josh Scherba, Anne Loi and Stephanie Betts of WildBrain, Craig Schulz and Paige Braddock of Peanuts, and Michael Bonfiglio, who also writes and directs. Imagine Documentaries’ Meredith Kaulfers serves as co-executive producer and Marcella Steingart serves as producer and writer.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Two new specials are coming out as well
“It's the Small Things, Charlie Brown” April 15th ; “To Mom (and Dad), With Love,” May 6th.

Separate threads here-
"Snoopy Presents: It's The Small Things, Charlie Brown" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion
"Snoopy Presents: To Mom (and Dad), With Love" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Love Charlie Brown but really the Peanuts needs to be an ensemble there. And really getting to know the other characters as Linus is my favorite way above Charlie Brown. Charlie is my second favorite and then Schroder.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Apple TV+ announces summer lineup of kids series, including “Duck & Goose,” “Best Foot Forward,” “Amber Brown,” “Surfside Girls” and “Life By Ella” .

According to the press release, new episodes of The Snoopy Show premiere on August 5, and there will be a new Special, Lucy's School on August 12.
“Lucy’s School”
All-new family special premieres: August 12
The Peanuts gang are anxious about starting at a new school in the Fall, inspiring Lucy to start her own school instead — but teaching isn’t as easy as it sounds. “Lucy’s School” is a love letter to teachers and an appreciation of what makes teaching such a noble and fulfilling profession. It explores the fear of change, and shows Lucy facing and overcoming her fears with the support of her friends. Produced for Apple TV+ by Peanuts and WildBrain, the special is directed by Raymond S. Persi (“It’s the Small Things, Charlie Brown”) and executive produced by Craig Schulz, Bryan Schulz, Cornelius Uliano, Paige Braddock, Josh Scherba, Stephanie Betts, Amir Nasrabadi and Anne Loi, and produced by James Brown and Timothy Jason Smith.

Also of note, more classic Peanuts cartoons will be available on Apple TV+ on August 5.

Separate thread here-
"Snoopy Presents: Lucy’s School" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Apple TV+ announces summer lineup of kids series, including “Duck & Goose,” “Best Foot Forward,” “Amber Brown,” “Surfside Girls” and “Life By Ella” .

According to the press release, new episodes of The Snoopy Show premiere on August 5, and there will be a new Special, Lucy's School on August 12.

Also of note, more classic Peanuts cartoons will be available on Apple TV+ on August 5.
Unreleted, but Amber Brown getting a series is interesting. Back to Peanuts, they are doing a good job of adding older specials (still wish all the specials were for purchase on DVD/Blu Ray), and another new special wow.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder what classic Peanuts cartoons we should expect to drop on the service?
It was listed in the press release : A Charlie Brown Celebration, He's A Bully, Charlie Brown; He's your Dog, Charlie Brown; It was a Short Summer,Charlie Brown; It's your First Kiss ,Charlie Brown; There's No Time for Love, Charlie Brown; Why Charlie Why?; You're in Love, Charlie Brown; and You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Some updates.
- Season 3 of The Snoopy Show premieres June 9, 2023.
- A new special, Snoopy Presents: One-of-a-Kind Marcie premieres on August 18.
Separate thread here-
"Snoopy Presents: One-of-a-Kind Marcie" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

- More classic Peanuts titles will be added on September 22.
- A new series, Camp Snoopy and another special Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin will debut in 2024.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Forgot to mention they added 15 more Peanuts specials on the 22nd as promised. That means they have 39 of the classic 45 specials. 29 Are under the Classic Peanuts name and the holiday specials are under their own names.

Everything on there (underlined are ones that aired on TV every year under ABC ) In order of first airing on TV
  1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
  2. Charlie Brown's All Stars
  3. It's the Great Pumpkin
  4. You're in Love
  5. He's Your Dog
  6. It was a Short Summer
  7. Play it Again (Added September 22nd)
  8. You're Not Elected Charlie Brown
  9. There's no Time for Love
  10. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
  11. It's A Mystery (Added September 22nd)
  12. It's the Easter Beagle
  13. Be My Valentine
  14. You're A Good Sport (Added September 22nd) [One of my favorites, non holiday wise
  15. It's Arbor Day
  16. It's your First Kiss
  17. What a Nightmare (Added September 22nd )
  18. You're the Greatest
  19. She's a Good Skate
  20. Life is Circus (Added September 22nd)
  21. It's Magic (Added September 22nd )
  22. Someday You'll Find her (Added September 22nd)
  23. A Charlie Brown Celebration (Added September 22nd)
  24. Is this Goodbye (Added September 22nd)
  25. It's an Adventure (Added September 22nd)
  26. It's Flashbeagle
  27. Snoopy's Getting Married (Added September 22nd)
  28. You're a Good Man (Added September 22nd )
  29. Happy New Year
  30. Why, Charlie Brown Why?
  31. Snoopy's Reunion
  32. It's Christmastime Again
  33. It's Spring Training
  34. A Charlie Brown Valentine
  35. Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales
  36. Lucy Must be Traded
  37. I want a Dog for Christmas
  38. He's a Bully
  39. Happiness is a Warm Blanket (Added September 22nd)
The Specials that haven't made it to Apple TV Plus

1. What Have We Learned?
  2. Snoopy: The Musical
  3. It's The Girl in the Red Truck (Cowards!)
  4. You're in the Superbowl (This one, I give the lowest chance of ever making it on there. This special didn't have have a real VHS release it was at the gas station and it might have NFL rights issues. The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee )
  5. It was My Best Birthday Ever (The mad men should do it, need to see 5 minutes of Linus Roller Skating in better quality)
  6. It's the Pied Piper

This is the most (legal) access to Peanuts specials ever. Do wish that Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Wild Brain and Schulz Family would put together a DVD/Blu Ray set of all 45 traditional TV specials. I want to buy it.

Mandouga

I know that Charles Schulz himself wasn’t a fan of how “Girl in the Red Truck” turned out, but how are Apple TV+ “cowards” for not adding it? In any case, I do hope they add it some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moe

I'm happy to see more Peanuts specials on Apple TV+.

It's The Girl in the Red Truck (Cowards!)
Good one!

You're in the Superbowl (This one, I give the lowest chance of ever making it on there. This special didn't have have a real VHS release it was at the gas station and it might have NFL rights issues. The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee )
Houston Oilers is definitely nostalgic and remember about several kids wear Houston Oilers shirts and coats at my elementary school in early 1990s.

This is the most (legal) access to Peanuts specials ever. Do wish that Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Wild Brain and Schulz Family would put together a DVD/Blu Ray set of all 45 traditional TV specials. I want to buy it.
Same here, I'm in line.

I know that Charles Schulz himself wasn’t a fan of how “Girl in the Red Truck” turned out, but how are Apple TV+ “cowards” for not adding it? In any case, I do hope they add it some day.
It is completely issue with Wildbrain but I don't know why about mention Apple TV+.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts