Original 1967-70 "Spiderman" - music

billsqueak

Original 1967-1970 "Spiderman"

The 1st season's music from this show came from Ray Ellis and the 2nd season used much of KPM's music library cues out of England. The 3rd season combined both scores and musicians.

My question concerns the 2nd season of "Spiderman:" there were music cues seemingly not from either the Ellis scores or KPM. Does anybody know if there were other music libraries used and if so, which particular companies or libraries? I would LOVE to track down the music for personal listening.

Also, was the series animated both in Canada and New York?

Sincerely interested,

Bill

Spider-Friends

www.spider-friends.com
Hi Bill,
Nice to have you here!

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt anyone on this forum has the depth of knowledge that you are looking for. The older a cartoon gets, the fewer the people are with knowledge of it.

Have you have checked out this website? http://www.wallopinwebsnappers.com

There's also a guy named Kevin McCorry who made a fan-site about the show but the website address changes pretty often. The information currently seems to be on this site:
http://www.spyder-25.com/60s.html

Good luck! If I run across the info, I'll be sure to let you know.

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
I know that many of the scores from Grantray-Lawrence's The Marvel Super Heroes were composed by the incredibly prolific Trevor Duncan, who built up a huge library of stock music. I recall that snippets from some of these scores were reused in the Season 2 episodes of Spider-Man. Could Trevor Duncan's stock library be the missing music link you're after?

billsqueak

Thanks for the information about the missing link music of Trevor Duncan. Do you know if his music from the MARVEL SUPERHERO shows and subsequent SPIDERMAN usage of Trevor's music is available for purchase or listening? If so, where?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts