Paramount shutting down its TV apps.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
At least this is a sign that Paramount+ will finally be doing next day premieres for shows on Nick, Nick Jr., Showtime, MTV, and Comedy Central.

Moe

At least this is a sign that Paramount+ will finally be doing next day premieres for shows on Nick, Nick Jr., Showtime, MTV, and Comedy Central.
but does require to have Paramount+ subscription?

harry580

I wonder if you wanted to watch something, you could have to watch shows from these apps on plutotv or paramount plus instead

Moe

I wonder if you wanted to watch something, you could have to watch shows from these apps on plutotv or paramount plus instead
Pluto TV is free to watch and good luck with trying watch recent shows on Pluto TV.

You would need access to linear TV's on-demand to watch new shows. Paramout+ is either extra add-on if you have cable/satellite or full streaming service if you are cord cutter.

Showtime on YouTube TV hasn't upgraded to include Paramount+ yet and neither are many cable and satellite TV as well.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I said this in the Nick[.]com page, but this is also what's happening to showtime's app too. There are problems with this.

1). Paramount didn't or hasn't so far made it where you can sign in with your cable sign in, even if it's just for showtime payers, so that's a paywall.

2) Now I have Comcast, they have a Roku app, some Pay TV companies don't have any TV apps, eg: Fios. So if you used the Nick app or something on that then well those users are losing out.

3) They don't have next day or same day on Paramount Plus for the Nick networks, (Disney Channel doesn't have that either, they have some other stranger arrangement going on) and it takes them 720 years to get things from Nick TV to Paramount Plus already (I'm not using literal time). I don't have faith that they will change that.

So I really think they should have kept the Nick and Nick Jr. apps especially since those are kids channels and navigating a cable company app might be clunky. I can understand MTV , Paramount Network, and Comedy Central's going way, but the Nick networks is a bad move. Even more it's really dumb to actively make things worse for the people still willing to pay to watch their channels.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I didn't really have much use for the Nick app anyway after they removed Xfinity as a provider you could sign in with (although I just looked and they apparently added it back at some point).

Moe

I didn't really have much use for the Nick app anyway after they removed Xfinity as a provider you could sign in with (although I just looked and they apparently added it back at some point).
Do you still have access to on-demand service via cable box?

I wonder if the noggin app is part of this too
I'm with JMTV and you have to remember that Noggin is premium service so you have to subscribe their service if you want watch their contents since shows on Paramount Network, Comedy Central, Nick are free if you have cable subscription that is not case with Noggin.

Moe

Sounds to me like Paramount is trying to get more people to subscribe to Paramount+.
I cancelled Paramount+ since I'm waiting to see Paramount goes Max style to include access to Paramount+ to customers who have Showtime subscription with cable/satellite/IPTV.

Mandouga

So it's officially official. I had heard about this some time ago, but I had thought that the Showtime channels were just going to be called Showtime after all.

Anyway, let me see...

Paramount+ with Showtime
Paramount+ with Showtime 2
Paramount+ with Showcase
Paramount+ with Showtime x BET
Paramount+ with Showtime Extreme
Paramount+ with Showtime Family Zone
Paramount+ with Showtime NEXT
Paramount+ with Showtime Women

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see how this is going to work. Unless only the original Showtime channel is going to be called by the new name?...

Francisque

Agreed, silly ideas by the "streaming first" obsession companies and advertisers have, including how to ruin established brands.
Things like that happen often

You could still have P+ content on Showtime without that messy long branding, Paramount
As if cross promotions aren't already there

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts