PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Laika’s New Animated Project Is A Weird One"​

mcidvzm9.jpg

"We finally know what’s cooking inside Laika Studios, the Portland stop-motion company behind Coraline, Paranorman and other delights. They’ve been silent since 2019, but a new project was just announced by the studio: a film adaptation of the fantasy novel Piranesi by Susanna Clarke.

Describing the plot of this book is not easy. Piranesi is the name of a man who lives in an outerdimensional house that’s infinitely bigger on the inside. His job and only goal in life is to explore the rooms, climb the twisting and tangled staircases, and plumb the depths of his MC Escher-inspired dwelling. Piranesi doesn’t know much about himself other than he’s always lived in the house — but that may not be true. There’s a man called The Other that put him there, and Piranesi doesn’t know his true intent."

Read the full article here.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
He's a Time Lord! But really, this sounds interesting, Laika always finds the most interesting stories to do.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts