Pokemon Concierge Talkback Thread

Light Lucario

Staff member
This series is a stop motion animated series following the exploits fo Haru as she goes to work at a Pokemon Resort and befriends many of the Pokémon she finds there.

I haven't been able to watch this series yet, but it looks charming and I figured I would set up a talkback thread for anyone who has or wants to watch this series on Netflix too.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Second Season Of 'Pokemon Concierge' In Production"​

bk9q3mji.jpg

"Pokemon entered the world of stop-motion late last year with the Netflix TV series Pokemon Concierge, which no one was sure was a one-off or not until today. The Pokemon Company confirmed more episodes are being produced in a tweet.

Said tweet came with a drawing of main character Haru trying to put a Psyduck toy back together while the authentic thing watches her.

Pokemon Concierge may be the most chill thing the Pokemon franchise has ever produced in its 28 years of existence. While training and battling have been core elements of most every other movie and TV series, neither are important here or even talked about. This island is just for Pokemon and their trainers to hang out. Nothing occurs that’s more dire than a Magikarp losing a floatie or a Pikachu being afraid of heights."

Read the full article here.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's nice that they're making more Pokemon Concierge episodes. I'll save my more detailed thoughts on the series for later, but I liked it. I don't think I was into it compared to other fans, but it was a fun laid back series and the Pokemon themselves look amazing in stop motion. I'm glad that it is going to have more episodes since that means it did well enough for Netflix. Hopefully this will lead to more experimental series too. It will probably be awhile before the episodes are released, but I'm sure that they will be worth the wait.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts