R.I.P. Elizabeth MacRae (1936-2024)

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
R.I.P. to actress Elizabeth MacRae, well known for recurring roles in Gunsmoke (April Clomley), Gomer Pyle: U.S.M.C. (Lou-Ann Poovie), and General Hospital (Meg Bentley #2), as well as Meredith in the 1974 film The Conversation. She also made appearances in the films Love in a Goldfish Bowl, The Wild Westerners, For Love or Money, and Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives!, plus episodes of Route 66, Maverick, The Asphalt Jungle, Days of Our Lives, Search for Tomorrow, All My Children, Guiding Light, Another World, Surfside 6, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, The Untouchables, Rawhide, The Fugitive, The Virginian, Mannix, Barnaby Jones, and Rhoda.

MacRae also had a stint in voice acting, portraying Ladyfish in The Incredible Mr. Limpet, which was animated by Warner Bros. Cartoons; IIRC, the film was the company's last production before it closed in 1963. MacRae was not only the last living voice performer for the movie (which also included fellow Mayberry alumnus Don Knotts and voice legend Paul Frees), but also one of the last living people known to do any voice acting for anything by Warner Bros. Cartoons. The very last one I'm aware of is Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul and Mary) on Norman Normal.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts