R.I.P. George DiCenzo

Ioz

Master of Mer
I remember him most as Hordak. R.I.P.
Character actor George DiCenzo dies
Thesp portrayed prosecutor in 'Helter Skelter'

Character actor George DiCenzo,who portrayed prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi in "Helter Skelter," died Aug. 9 in Newtown, Pa. He was 70 and had been in failing health since a near-fatal accident a few years back.

He toplined as the author of the book, Bugliosi, in the 1976 telepic on investigation and trial of cult killer Charles Manson.

Thesp, who attended the Yale School of Drama, led a career that spanned more than three decades.

DiCenzo appeared in series, including "Gunsmoke," "The Waltons," "Hawaii Five-O," "Police Story," and "NYPD Blue."

In pics he was featured in pics such as "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," "Back to the Future," and "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," which was his last outing.

He also did voiceover for toons "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe," "Animaniacs" and "Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven," among others.

In 1992, DiCenzo appeared with Nathan Lane in the Broadway production of George C. Scott-helmed "On Borrowed Time."

In addition to acting, DiCenzo's voice could be heard on numerous commercials and in later years, he was an acting instructor in New York and Philadelphia.

Survivors include wife, Donna, a son, three grandchildren and a sister.

Donations may be made in his name to to a Woman's Place, P.O. Box 299, Doylestown, PA 18901.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118022852.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

launchpad20

Rest in peace, mighty Hordak. :(

hordak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandouga

Back to the Future fans know him as Lorraine's father. He was also in other Filmation shows as well, including a show called Blackstar (which predates He-Man by two years) where he voiced the title character.

To those who are familiar with all or any part of his body work, he will certainly be missed.

launchpad20

Back to the Future fans know him as Lorraine's father. He was also in other Filmation shows as well, including a show called Blackstar (which predates He-Man by two years) where he voiced the title character.
I thought that was neat seeing DiCenzo in 'Back To The Future' as Lorraine's father. I remember a funny image from He-Man.org of Hordak saying 'who the heck is John F. Kennedy'.:D Hordak was probably the most distinctive of all his voice acting roles. DiCenzo also voiced Captain America in 'Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends'. He'll be greatly missed.

hordakkennedy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ABrown

Hordak :crying:, this is a sad day, truly a sad day indeed. May he rest in peace.

Doyng

Re:

So long, Mr. DiCenzo.

I believe he was also did some guest voices on Challenge of The GoBots, and Galtar and The Golden Lance

He appeared in The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking (1988 film) as one of the sleazy real estate agents, and Filmation's 1977 series Space Academy as a villian who was frozen, then thawed back to life.

R.I.P., another talent has left us:crying:

ryuuseipro

He appeared in The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking (1988 film) as one of the sleazy real estate agents,

Yes! That's where I remember him from the most. (His character's name was Dan Blackhart.)

Sad that he passed away. May he rest in peace.

ABrown

He appeared in The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking (1988 film) as one of the sleazy real estate agents

Really? I didn't know that. The only thing that I remembered him from was the voice of Hordak.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.

Featured Posts