R.I.P. Roger Corman

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Wow, 98. That is a lot of time spent on this planet. Being born and raised in the VHS era, I think a lot of the random b-movies I grew up seeing were Corman productions or connected to New World. Heck, Marvel itself was connected to New World for a while. I think I was familiar with the name before I started learning about the Fantastic Four ashcan film, but I think that was what cemented it in my head.

Last week, I randomly thought of Corman during a stream of consciousness. I might have been watching Batman or something and recognized some familiar name from Filmation productions during the credits, which got me to my little inside joke of always thinking of Lou Scheimer as the Roger Corman of animation. Much like with Lou, my mind doesn't really go to Roger when I'm thinking of overwhelming quality but I think of someone with an eye for young talent and someone extremely frugal who was churning out content at as low of a cost as possible. It's always amazing to me just how many icons' careers he had a part in at the very beginning.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts